The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hardware Headaches

There comes a time in one's life when one finally has to bite the bullet and acknowledge the fact that 1998 technology simply won't cut it in 2006.

I bought a new digital camera on Friday; an Olympus FE-170. It's very nice and I like it a lot. This new camera is so snazzy that I can download pictures right from the camera into my little computer. No card reader required. Or I could. If I wasn't using a Gateway Cow Computer, circa 1998. Because every time my computer tries to install the software to let me download pictures I get the blue screen of death.

So in an effort to avoid having to buy a new computer, I went out and bought a new card reader. Because now I'm using an xD card in my camera instead of the clunky old card that was in my last camera. Same problem. Load new driver software - BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

It's times like these that I *really* miss my ex-husband. Because he was a certifiable computer genius. He could make a computer do anything. When he was in charge of IT for the household my life went smoothly. Sure, there's the odd downside to living with a computer genius. Like having to buy a shoe rack because the server in your bedroom closet is taking up all the floor space. Or having a TV table with a laptop on it set up next to the toilet. But at least everything WORKED.

I'm about ready to give up. I have three card readers, two digital cameras and a half dead computer. And yet the only picture I have today is one I stole off eBay.

Why, oh why couldn't I have been born with feet that were a narrow width? I WANT THESE SHOES!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Those shoes are fantastic.

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! I'm so sorry to hear you are having such troubles. It's just not right. Is there a help desk phone number? (Sometimes it's easier than being married to a genius, but the responses can be the same...)

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wild shoes.
    Sorry about the computer problems. Would you like to come here to buy a cool computer? I'll set you up and mail you home :o)

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    If you find those shoes in a wide fitting,
    I want a pair!
    Lindy

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Just know that somewhere in Southern Maine, a gal who calls herself The Sheep weeps with you. Those would be super cool on these hooves, I think! ;)

    Good luck with the blue screen! I'm of the belief that stuff should just work!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home