The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, September 29, 2006

GoatWorld

Leland (formerly Jersey) and Stanton are settling into their new home quite nicely. Last night after work I went and got them one of these -

I don't go to Toys 'R Us very often but boy, they've got some cool stuff there! Anyways, "The Kids" (haha, I kill myself) *love* their new picnic table. Goats really like to climb on things and it's important you keep them uh ... intellectually stimulated. Otherwise they get bored. And a bored goat is a goat looking for trouble.

Leland, the braver and larger of the two, was the first to scale the picnic table. Stanton soon followed him up and then in typical brotherly fashion they got into a shoving match to see who would be King Of The Picnic Table. Poor Stanton lost.

They're still rather skittish so I'm spending a lot of time simply sitting in their stall talking to them. Leland finally decided, after the excitement of the picnic table, to investigate this creature sitting in the corner. After a few tenative sniffs and a nibble or two on my t-shirt he began licking my arm. I like to think that means he loves me. In reality, he was probably licking the salt off my arm. Putting that damn picnic table together was hard work.

After work tonight, it's another Toys 'R Us run to get one of these -


From what I understand they had one at the farm and they love to climb up and slide down. Now THAT should be good for hours of entertainment.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I think you'd better buy yourself a video camera if you're gonna get them the slide. I mean, we all need a laugh too!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great gift. And the only noise is the sound of laughter. (Versus things like drums, whistles, etc.)

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm lmao just with the mental picture of this. You simply must put up some real images!!!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Valerie - we need to see goats on the slide :) Too funny.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE goats!!! Pics please....

    BFN, G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home