The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Pictures. Yes, Pictures.

I now own four card readers. Don't ask. However, I put on my very best poor pathetic technology challenged face today and coerced a co-worker into going out and finding me a computer. He came back an hour later with a quote for a desktop. A mere $275. Sold. I get it Wednesday. Which is about two days too far away.

Wilma is *not* amused about these hardware problems either.

In much happier news, there is new yarn in the house.

I purchased this from the very talented Carol over at Black Bunny Fibers. There's a KAL going on to specifically showcase her yarn so I jumped right on that bandwagon. I love this colorway. It's pumpkins and Thanksgiving and fall leaves all rolled into one. And it's squishably soft. It's so lucious I almost want to eat it. But I don't think I need quite that much fiber in my diet. I'm hoping it'll work with this pattern ...

This is Fiber Trends' Oak Leaf And Acorn Scarf. Which I've posted about a zillion times on my blog. I keep trying it in different yarns and so far nothing has worked. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Black Bunny is a winner.

Would anyone like a free card reader - I have a lovely selection. Seriously.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    New yarn is such a good thing
    and
    we can never join too many KAL's.
    Is that Wilma's cross face
    or
    her I need to be fed face?
    Lindy

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Ouch! But at least you'll be up to speed again soon. I hate computers, and I do computers for a living.

    I think trek needs a card reader of some sort.. not sure if it's the same sort as you have...

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hola, April, I hate computer problems, so by today, I hope you're enjoying your new setup!

    Wilma looks too cute, even when she's pissed. She reminds me of my first kitty Socrates (he used to get that same pissed look on his face, but he was the most gentle soul on the planet - I got him in college, and I sure do miss that precious old man).

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home