The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Up We Go!

Up, up and away! Yes, I've finished doing the sideways portion of the Two Way Tee and am now working UP. At this point it sort of looks like a baby dress but I'm hoping eventually it will look more like an adult's sweater. It better because I have frogged this stupid sweater more times than I care to admit. I seem to have developed this rather annoying habit of only reading *half* the instructions. And then there was that slight problem where I forgot to pick up one of the stitches to begin going UP and it left a rather nice gaping hole. Of course I waited until I'd crocheted about 10 rows before deciding to frog it all and go back to fix it.

Here's a sort of close-up pic so you can see the stitch variation. I would have gotten more done on it tonight but someone mistook my ball of yarn for a dangerous animal, quite possibly a ravenous mountain lion, and had to kick it into submission. This is the same someone who snoozed in my lap while I spent 90 minutes untangling the ravenous mountain lion. I'm going to start crocheting at Starbuck's ...

It's a Sharkey. My latest acquisition from the land of eBay, a Sharkey's crochet hook in size "H". I realize it doesn't look like much in this photo but it's actually quite nice. It looks and feels like marble but is actually something called "Corsian." I have NO idea what Corsian is but it does make a nice hook. Sharkey's has a special "Pocket Collection" which are hooks that are shorter than the average hook length. If I remember correctly, this one ended up costing around $32.00. Which is a ridiculous amount of money for a crochet hook but cheaper than a drug habit. More or less.

Speaking of spending money, tomorrow is the start of the Silent Auction on Crochetville! I'm sure there will be plenty of wonderful items to bid on and all of the money raised goes to help support C'ville. Which in my opinion, is a very worthy addiction cause.

And last, but not least, here is ....

Suzy

Suzy is a 2 year old Chihuahua / Miniature Pinscher cross and she's looking for a new lap to call home. The nice people at Wonder Dog Rescue in San Francisco are currently looking after Suzy. If you'd like to find out more about her, head over to www.petfinder.com and simply search on her name. I know if *I* had a house, I'd adopt her ...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The tee is looking great!

    My Stash Flash

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    you are too kind. and in return i shall promote your fabulous blog which i have just spent the last hour reading. everyone must check out trek's blog at http://trekcelt.blogspot.com . no, don't wait, go NOW.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol, oh dear. tangled yarn.......Help!
    cute puppy! I hope your sweater works out this time.
    hey, are you still doing the Canada contest? I think the 4th marks the time I can try out again... :)
    Off to that site now!
    Amber

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger April said…

    hi amber,

    yes, the Made In Canada contest is still running. it was preempted (sp?) last week by the Recommend A Toaster contest. which btw is still running since i have yet to buy a toaster. i digress. the M.I.C. contest will be back this week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home