The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Better Living Through Pharmaceuticals



Blah, blah, blah, sinus infection, take lots of medicine. The sinus infection seems to be gone now but I still have a bit of a cold. Of course, I'd probably be completely better by now if I wasn't doing stupid things like exercising a horse at 8pm dressed in only a t-shirt and jeans in December. Or hanging out at the ranch for three hours yesterday so Leland and Stanton could get their hooves trimmed. But obviously I'm not on death's doorstep because we have ... new yarn in the house!




Actually I'm not even sure we can do this stuff the honor of calling it "yarn." It's 50% acrylic microfiber (*love* those microfiber sheep - so tiny!) and 50% nylon. It's for this ...




My boss at the House Of Torture just had his first grandchild. He is beyond thrilled. Each morning the department receives an e-mail where the subject is "Important - Required Reading." Of course the first time I got one of these I thought, "Oh crap, lay-offs." Imagine my surprise upon opening that first e-mail to see a new picture of his granddaughter. She's very adorable. And would probably like a pink "Matinee Cardigan" to wear. But it won't be made from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino, which was my first choice. A little pricey for a baby I'll probably never meet.




Hey, it's almost Christmas! Time to start the ol' Christmas knitting! Actually, as a rule I don't participate in the madness that is knitting for the season. But one of the trainers at the ranch surprised the beejeebus out of me by giving me a gift. So I'm knitting her a scarf from this lovely skein of Misti Alpaca Chunky. On size 11's. It'll go zOOooOOoom.




Another lace on a lamp picture! Back from Blocker Extraordinaire, Julie, is Fiber Trends "Streaming Leaves." I suppose it would have helped if I'd taken some close-up shots so you could see the magnificent work Julie did in blocking this but I'm sick and I don't want to.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    "but I'm sick and I don't want to"

    Word to live by.

    Get better.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even without the closeups, Streaming Leaves is gorgeous!

    The Dreambaby yarn makes a nice baby sweater; soft and WASHABLE. The washable is a big plus for babywear.

    Hope you are feeling ALL better real soon.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I'd get a microfiber sheep as a pet, but Sekhmet would gut it in no time.

    Glad you're happy with the scarf - it gave me the idea to use the netting pattern for the last scarf I just did, so it was double useful.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You actually sound a lot better and far more active! Yay for drugs!!! You still need to be taking it easy, though...

    Streaming Leaves is beyond stunning. Kudos to you and to your blocker. I can't wait to see how the baby sweater comes out!

    The microfiber sheep are nice folk, if a little on the cheap side. I'd invite them to my Sheepie Christmas Gathering in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't expect them to bring good wine...

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the scarf on a lamp photos April. Very, very nice. You've got a winner in your blocker!

    And for crying out loud, stay out of the cold - and if you must go out, dress properly!!!!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the scarf on a lamp photos April. Very, very nice. You've got a winner in your blocker!

    And for crying out loud, stay out of the cold - and if you must go out, dress properly!!!!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger aija said…

    I laughed out loud at the "important" office emails :) Get better soon, and keep not doing stuff you don't want to!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    My boss has a new grandson, and I got the picture of him the other day. He's quite the little cutie, I have to admit.

    Hope you're all better soon! and if you must get the goats' hooves trimmed, maybe wear one of those beautiful scarves you've made! It might not be that warm, but it will be a fashion statement.

    BTW, be on the lookout for a little something from me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home