The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Sky Is Falling


I have no pictures today. If you've come looking for pictures, carry on. I'm well aware of the huge following my artistic photographs have but uh ... sorry. No pictures. None. Sorry.

The monkey pox rages on. What I thought was a sinus infection turned into a cold. This was wonderful because hey, no need to go see the doctor for a cold! The cold is gone and the sinus thing is back, but now it's on the left side of my face, instead of the right. You have absolutely no IDEA how stunningly beautiful I am at this moment. My left eyeball is protruding in a very Mr. Toad-like way and watering fiercely. I can no longer breathe through my nose so I'm wandering the halls of the House Of Torture looking like some mouth breathin' banjo picker from Arkansas (apologies to anyone from the great state of AR). And the piece de resistance ... the skin under my little nose is so dry from repeated blowing that it looks as if my nose has dandruff.

Let me assure you, the lineup of men wanting to date me is mind boggling.

And just to keep matters interesting, a KEY person from my department is MIA and has been all week. This has resulted in much waving of the hands and blustering from people who get paid significantly more than I do. I don't think we need to go into detail as to who's desk all that extra work has ended up on, do we?

Around here, the name of the game is insanity and everyone's signed up to play.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a lovely portrait you paint :)

    Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Girl. Are you at work? that sucks.

    Try going into the bathroom and running hot water over your hands for a couple of minutes. This should relieve at least a fragment of the sinus pressure. If not, though, hey, you'll have really clean hands.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yikes! Go Home! Now!

    Hope you use the whole weekend starting this very minute to rest up and heal.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Man... I knew you hadn't posted for a while... I hoped you were on a beach in Lahaina surrounded by smokin' hot men and drinking a mai tai.

    This totally sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try Xclear, its a nasal spray you can get at whole foods markets, I've had sinus infections for years until this stuff, works wonders, and doesn't taste like crap. The active ingredient is Xylitol...

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, this is not good. Not good at all. I'm thinking that this little invasion will require the use of the antibiotics. Try to rest up where you can and drink all that yummy juice! (yeah...I'm one to talk, right?:)

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, I'm so sorry you still aren't feeling well, and that you're having to deal with the MIA's work (I know what that's like).

    I'm hoping the nose stuff will all clear up soon, so that both eyes can be equally nonprotruding.

    BTW, when I get that kind of sick, I like the Puff's Plus. It might help a little with the dry skin under your nose, which can be quite painful.

    Renee

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Man, and I was so wishing for a pic to go with your description ;) Hope you feel better soon (and get promoted to the KEY position?)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home