The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Goin' Sideways

Good God.

She's knitting -another- scarf.

But at least this one is going sideways. Sorta.



Ask me how much I love this pattern. Go ahead, ask me. I LOVE IT. This is from the new Winter 2006 Knitty. It's called Argosy and it's fun fun fun to knit. You should knit one too so you can have some fun. At the very least, check out the pattern so you can see the far superior pictures of this little gem.

I know, you all think I'm turning this blog into the Internet's #1 resource for scarf patterns but there was a SIGN. I had the exact yarn the pattern called for in my stash! And you know how I feel about signs. One must always obey the signs. Stop. Go. Knit. This is Noro's Silk Garden Lite in color 2014. Yes, I actually still have the ball band. Another sign.



Once a hat, now a sock. I originally bought this yarn to crochet a hat. It's Koigu, for those of you who care. I mis-read the pattern. I thought the pattern said one ball each color. Nay. It said TWO balls of each color. That's four balls of Koigu FOR A HAT. That's a mighty expensive hat. Especially for someone who likes to crochet hats but never wears them. So in lieu of a hat, I'm hoping to get TWO very short socks out of two balls. It might work, it might not. I know, I can barely stand the suspense myself.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've clicked on that scarf pattern so many times I've worn out my clickin' finger. I do love it so...but I wasn't sure if I could manage it. Well, I probably can't, but it's going in the to-do pile anyway! ;)

    Say, "hi" to my buddy Leland! We are kindred spirits after all...

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Very pretty!

    Um, four hanks of Koigu. Good decision NOT to make the hat.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my that's so beautiful. I'm all geared up for another scarf. I HAVE to make that! I somehow didn't notice it yesterday when pouring over the new Knitty.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger aija said…

    No more awesome patterns please. I hate scarves (knitting them!) but argosy is wonderful, and I have extra noro silk garden (regular) and kureyon needing patterns. Ergh! Enabler!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous scarf! I'm trying not to click the pattern; my to-do list is so long now that I will never have time to knit everything even if I live to be 189 years old!

    The socks are going to be very pretty. I also love to knit and crochet hats but never wear them (except once every decade when I shovel snow). 4 skeins of Koigu for one little hat is a bit much.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I like the sock option.. they are looking cute. You sure are whupping through the socks this year!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Socks are adorable and I love the scarf, hadn't made time to look at Knitty yet, but I have plenty of Noro in the stash, I see a scarf in my future....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home