The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, October 02, 2006

A Mixed Bag

As promised ...


More works of art from the VERY talented Dave, over at Cabin Cove Mercantile. From left to right, Blue Sky in 100% merino, Bitchin' Barbie in 100% silk and last but not least, my personal favorite, a blend of 50% wool / 50% silk. No specific patterns in mind for any of them (suggestions welcome) but all extremely fondle-able. Is that a word? Oh and a very big THANK YOU to Dave because I did not order the Bitchin' Barbie, it was included as a giftie. Cuz he's just that nice, our Dave is.


You know how some *old* people get set in their ways? They refuse to embrace modern technology after having had to walk six miles uphill in the snow to get to school? Yeah, that's me. This is my new camera. The one I bought oh ... two weeks ago. I don't like it. Why? It's got one of those big honkin' viewfinders on the back. So that you don't need to hold it up to your face to see what you're taking a picture of. So that you can share pictures IMMEDIATELY with family and friends. I don't WANT a big viewfinder. I want a little viewfinder. Dagnabbit I've spent 30 odd years taking pictures with a small viewfinder, I can't change now.

Therefore, my purchasing error may be your gain. I'm sellin' this little beauty for the low, low price of $75.00. Regular price was $149.00. I'm also throwin' in a xD card so you can take OH MY GOD 150 pictures. And I'm also throwin' in one of the many card readers I bought for it. PRIORITY shipping included. Wow.


It's almost that time of year again. That magical time where I attempt to drive myself insane by writing a novel of 50,000 words in ONE MONTH. Oh yes, November 1st signals the return to late nights, lots of coffee and a steady intake of chocolate. For those of you who may be mathmatically challenged that means I'll be writing 1,667 words a day. EVERY DAY. Because if you miss more than a day, you're doomed. I managed to finish in 2004, got stuck at the starting gate in 2005 and am all fired up for this year. If only I had a plot.

What fabulous prize will I win if I finish my 50,000 words by November 30th? Umm ... a link to a site where I can download a suitable for framing certificate of accomplishment. Whoa.

Are you with me? Sure you are! More details on National Novel Writing Month may be found here. You may even want to purchase a digital camera to record this stupendous event. I'm just saying.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    A whole novel??? In one month??? EEK! I can barely think of something to ramble on about in a blog post. I'm impressed, I tellya!!!

    Lovely yarn...Dave is one talened guy!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
    Novel in a month??? Oh, APRIL! You HAVE to write about the events you've been through recently! YES, must! Like a soap opera, set in Sommerset. (Donesn't every state have a Sommerset?) And the cast of characters and critters and fibers and all that? And the fish 'n' chips. Evil brother. Frail mom. Incompetent HR dept. Goats. And then the return to "normalcy"... It could be a movie of the week.
    When I was writing, they always said to write what you know. And you know what to write. (Of course, being a work of fiction, that romantic fling at the ranch...well, is it fact or fiction?)

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Give the camera more of a chance! It looks like a nice little piece of technology there. And it takes nice pictures.

    And what Dave said.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger lil rose thorn said…

    Godd luck with your writing! ^_^

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger lil rose thorn said…

    Good luck with your writting! ^_^

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Good luck with the novel!! :)

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Wow, look at that geeeeooorgous yarn! It's fabulous. I don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure the right thing will come along.

    I also love going to Ren Faires (I don't go every year). There's a big one just outside Houston I like to go to, and I'm making a point of going to it in Nov. I'm only good for being a buxom wench.

    Renee

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    Wow, yes on the novel!

    Also, um, if you do decide to sell that camera after all, can I have first dibs?
    I've been sadly digital camera-less, and haven't been able to afford a digital, and this is right in my range.
    But if you end up liking it, by all means, keep it.

    Cheers!
    Abby

     

Post a Comment

<< Home