The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Doomsday


The mighty Socks Of Doom are done! And at nine days from start to finish we have a new record for knitting socks. I realize nine days is a lot to some people but for April, the World's Slowest Knitter, it's an accomplishment. Of course we must mention that these were done on US 5's with DK weight yarn but I'll pat myself on the back regardless. Knitty McKnitchicken, your days are numbered!



You never know what's going to turn up at the ranch. This is an American Kestrel by the name of "Axe." He's owned by a young girl named Anne. Anne and her father rescue birds of prey and rehab them. Axe was found with his wings covered in oil but he's definitely on the mend now. Did you know that kestrels do not build their own nests? Nope, the little monsters just find a nest built by another bird and move in. I guess when you're a hawk you can behave like that.

Yes, I know, we're all sick to death of goat pictures. But since I spent most of yesterday sitting in a goat pen knitting, what do you expect? I'm sure there are a number of you that may be wondering, "Why the hell would anyone want to sit in a pen all day with goats?" I think I might have it figured out. Well first of all, goats are the cutest animals in the world. But you also need to take into account that I am an apartment dweller. I don't have a backyard I can saunter out to anytime I feel the need to be outdoors. My apartment doesn't have a balcony either. So this little 12' X 24' pen is my piece of nature. I've got a comfy chair to sit in, a beautiful creek 30 feet away and two little guys who were engaged in rather hysterical head butting competition yesterday. And they have a new Tiny Tykes slide to play on!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They look like they have pretty posh diggs for a goat, and I may be biased, but I love the goatie pictures ; ).

    Melissa

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    You can post goat pictures any time the spirit moves. They are so gosh-darned cute!

    And I'm pretty sure that there is something in the bible about pink socks and the end-of-days. Very "doomy" I must say! And so quickly done!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still think the slide is HILARIOUS. :) I can never get too many goat pics, being an apt dweller myself. Bring em on!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    If your nose can take the goats, my eyes certainly can! ;o)

    And the socks are great - good luck!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    I love the goat photos,
    it's wonderful that you're enjoying nature,
    do you knit while sitting with the babies?
    Lindy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home