The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mum On The Move

Still no pictures ... I suck.

It has been a horrendous two days. Yesterday morning at the ungodly hour of 8am I drove into the parking lot of the hospital to be greeted by 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances and an assortment of police vehicles. It would appear that someone was brought into the ER and put into isolation. This person did not want to be in isolation so they decided to try and burn down the hospital. Hello and welcome to Canada.

Last night my brother's brain went snap crackle pop and he started shouting at me in my Mum's room that the only reason I came home was to take all her money. And that if I really cared about her I would have come home a year ago. Not to mention that I'm a horrible, selfish person who doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but herself.

I hate to point out the obvious but my Mum was little upset.

So today was spent entirely at the hospital reassuring her that my brother hadn't scared me off and that I would be hanging around. We're moving her to the hospice tomorrow so she's a little unsettled about that as well.

Then my brother showed up at dinner when my Mum was asleep, apologized all over himself, started crying and left.

Having a great time, wish you were here.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    Sending you a big hug
    Lindy

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    You don't suck. In fact, you are doing quite the opposite by giving of yourself at the highest level right now. Please take care of yourself and I'll be thinking of you.

     
  • At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You really crack me up some times: "...ungodly hour of 8am." I've been up for hours at that point. I'm up at the ungoldy hour of 5 am, also known as 2am your time. lol
    And I think we're related. Maybe you're my long lost sister? We seem to have the same brother, given to verbal outbursts. Is he short?
    Good for you for sticking to your beliefs and for being there. Your mom knows what's going on.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    Oh, April. I am sorry to hear this time is not as peaceful as it could be.
    When I worked as a chaplain, I saw a lot of the sort of stuff your brother pulled. It probably doesn't help to know that a lot of families (and individuals for that matter) fall apart when a close loved one is nearing death. One reply for your brother that will probably stop his outburst cold is to say, "I cannot change the past, but I am here now. What is it that you need?" That will hopefully get him out of the blame game based in the past and it will help him feel like his needs are getting met.
    Peace to you in this very difficult time. I am keeping you in my prayers.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Family stuff always, always, always sucks. The worse the stress, the worse it sucks. You know this, but it still sucks. Big hugs on the whole thing. Hang in there.

    If you and your brother fought as kids, you can try the 'hey, Mom, everything's just normal' excuse, which my brother and I used with OUR mother.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Let's see, you squared away an entire life in California just so that you could enjoy three weeks of Canadian hospital hospice and fraternal discord in public. Yeah, real selfish behavior there - not. Hello and welcome to reality.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger knitabulous said…

    I second what Abby said, your brother doesn't really think that, and of course it's not true, he's just dealing his own way. Men find it harder to express their emotions sometimes, anger is easier for them.

    Truly sorry to hear about your sad situation. Chin up chicken, you can handle it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home