The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

98% Animal, 2% Kid

I had hoped to have the first of the Yukon Leaves sock done by tonight. I may have underestimated a wee bit. I also did virtually no knitting yesterday because my shoulder was being stupid. But when knitting starts to make your back spasm it's time to put down the needles. In lieu of knitting pictures, we have the old standby ... horses, kids and a dog.

Savannah, who when asked if she wanted to come live with me, got a very serious look on her face and inquired, "Is your house dirty or clean?" And later in the day demanded we do a complete inspection of my car in case there "might be some presents in there." I don't remember being quite so outspoken when I was four. Of course, that was when dinosaurs walked the earth.

Markie, Cailie, and Red

Sophie

General

My very favorite horse at the barn, General. He's also the youngest. Frightening, no? He's only three, so he'll continue growing for the next two years. Let's not think about how big he's going to be. He's not even broke to ride and already he towers over all the other horses in the barn. But sweet? Oh my God, he's like an oversized puppy.

"Carrots?"

Here's Savannah's sister, Alexandra, off for her lesson. Damn kid rides better than I do. I swear, kids have NO fear when it comes to horses. I jump on a horse and the first thing I think of is how far down it is. I'm going to try and catch up with Alexandra so I'm starting lessons this week. I hope they have Internet access at the hospital.

Oh, I do have kntting news. Well yarn news anyways. Sort of. Dave has stocked his Cabin Cove Mercantile with a ton of new and wonderful yarns. Go over and check them out but leave some for ME. I'm serious, if that store is sold out by payday all you'll see on this blog for the next week are pictures of horse poop. Don't even think about suggesting that that would be an improvement ...

5 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that Savannah sure IS outspoken, huh? That'll be a good thing as she gets older. I'm sure she won't be taking any horse poo from anyone. lol
    Thanks for the shout out about the Mercantile!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I was reflecting just last night upon how I've reached an age where I can injure myself doing literally nothing. What I've done to my knees, I have no idea...I swear I was just sitting there. Hope the shoulder improves soon. Knitting related injuries should have some sort of special insurance coverage! Looks like you used your down time well, though.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Can I be jealous now? I learned to ride when I was 3. My grandfather was a trainer. Haven't been able to afford riding in years. And now I am allergic to horses.

    PS - Sheep, I hear you: I hurt my back yesterday, just sitting still.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Like I needed to know Cabin Cove has new items. Yeow. I think it's shopping time. Surely it must be. It's Monday and almost lunchtime.

    I don't get to be Secret anymore :(, but I'm still your Pal... :)

    "Bill."

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi Able, just thought I'd pop in and say hola. I've been on a little vacation, and God forbid I go away for a few days. The folks at work act like they forget how to get anything done with me gone.

    Anyway, I love General, but wow is he huge!

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home