The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tricked Again

So here is the question of the day. If you purchase six balls of Cascade Fixation (in three colorways) prior to going on a yarn diet and you absolutely HATE knitting with it, can you buy yarn to replace it if you're still on the diet? I mean, it makes perfect sense to me but then I have been accused of being illogical at times.

Nasty Yarn

Now I am not a big fan of cotton yarn, but I thought with the elastic added to the Fixation it would have a little stretchy goin' on. OK, so the elastic makes up less than 2% of the yarn content but whatever. And it feels really nice when it's all knitted up so I was SURE this time it would be different. It was like when you get back together with an old boyfriend who was totally self absorbed and you realize ... still no give. Kinda the same thing. No give. Especially if you're trying to work a lace pattern with lots of K2Tog. Oh no, that little US size 3 needle isn't going to slide right through those two stitches, you're gonna have to dig that puppy in there and hope you don't break your toothpick. Ex-boyfriends and Cascade Fixation, both *bad* ideas.

Let's move on to happier topics. Say for example, a completed Stash Card from Knitting Arts.

Having one of these in your possession with all the little holes punched out means ... $20 off your next purchase!!! What can $20 buy you? Pfft, like I even have to say ...

Hands up everyone who's so sick of seeing pictures of Koigu yarn that they're about ready to puke. Actually come to think of it, I'm getting a bit sick of it myself. Pinky swear promise, we'll look at something else tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love cotton yarn. I guess you see how we are all different. If you are interested, maybe we can trade? I might have a type of yarn that is more interesting to you...

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Aw - don't be so hard on the poor Fixation - it makes lovely neatnik socks.

    Yes, we know you love Koigu, too! ;o)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Was that you on Saturday at KA? There was someone with a ponytail and crochetville t-shirt who stood in front of the koigu two or three times while she was in the store...

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger April said…

    Jenn,

    ACK! I've been spotted. Yes, that was me at KA on Saturday. I decided to take advantage of their lovely air conditioning and knit there for a while. Which person were you???

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm the big chunky blond chick that works there on weekends. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home