The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

No Tears Lace

First, let's have a definition.

faggot - 1) A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.

Now, let's have a picture.

Cameo Faggot Stitch Scarf

This is what you get when you take this pattern, some sport weight yarn and knit it up on US size 8 needles. I realize this is a crappy picture but there are long ridges with holes between them. And it looks kinda like lace. And I like it. This is SO easy you could do it the first time you ever picked up a pair of needles. People would think you were SuperKnitter. I'm using (from my stash) Rowan Felted Tweed which is 50% merino wool, 25% alpaca and 25% viscose. It's recommended needle size is 3 - 5 which is why my scarf looks nothing like the pic that goes with the pattern.

And in her first public appearance, I present to you the very beautiful Fleur.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Waving to Fleur!

    Nice lace.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April! I'm your "Other Secret Pal" pal, but I haven't had any luck sending you e-mail, so want you to know you aren't forgotten. I'm really enjoying reading your blog and coming up with nifty goodies to send your way. And your new rattie is so cute! Hi Fleur!

    your fellow rat-and-cat-and-yarn fan,
    Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home