The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Where's Amanda?

Here at Chez Insanity, we are not amused. The Christmas spirit is lacking. There is no ho in our ho ho ho. I had not expected this Christmas to be full of grins and giggles given that Mom passed away just three short months ago and Christmas was her favorite holiday. But a lot of people have it much worse than I so please, April, suck it up. However, the question still remains -

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY AMANDA DOLL?

I promised Savannah, my little 4 year old best friend an Amanda doll for Christmas. She's been wanting one for months but Amanda dolls, they're not so cheap. But hey, the number of people I *must* buy gifts for this year is ZERO. Shocking but true. I seem to have hermit-ed myself out of the Christmas gift giving tradition. I digress.

So ol' April orders an Amanda doll from WalMart.com. WalMart's carrier of choice is Fedex. The Fedex tracking system alerts me to the fact that Amanda will arrive between Thursday, 12/21 and Friday, 12/22.

I leave work at 1pm yesterday and come straight home to await the arrival of Amanda. And I wait. And then I wait a bit more. Then some more after that. At 7pm I check the computer and 'lo and behold, Fedex attempted to deliver Amanda at 4:46. Not only that, but they tried to deliver her on Wednesday as well. "Customer not home."

At this point let us note that my street has a North and a South designation. I am at the South end. It occurs to me that perhaps Mr. Fedex has been trying to deliver Amanda to the North end.

Bright and early this morning I am on the phone with Fedex. Today, a mere 72 hours before Christmas, the Fedex Representative tells me their tracking system is down. I explain the situation and how there will be one very sad 4 year old girl if Fedex doesn't come through for me. She assures me she'll get a message to the driver and straighten things out.

I wait. I wait some more. Little more waitin' going on. And some more after that.

At 3pm I check the computer. Mr. Fedex has tried to deliver Amanda TWICE today. "Customer not home." I get in my car and head North down my extremely long street to see if my street address exists at the other end and perhaps there's a call tag I can snag.

It doesn't exist.

Could someone please tell me where Mr. Fedex has been trying to deliver Amanda to?


This space reserved for a picture of Amanda. If she ever shows up.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crazy! Can they pull Amanda off the truck so you can go get it from them?

    My daughter wants one of those dolls, but I think it was the Suzie grow doll that was $100. Unfortunately, Santa couldn't afford baby Suzie this year. She will get other good stuff, though.

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm...no pressure there. Plenty of time, Mr. FedEx man. You just feel free to wander around the neighborhood and meet all the nice people before delivering Amanda.

    Good luck! Here's hoping that doll and child are able to meet up in the same place at the same time on the right date.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's enough to make a person nuts!

    Good luck getting Amanda doll to your little friend!

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Has Mr FedEd Man snagged the package for his own four year old and just been yanking the corporate chain by typing in "Customer Not Home"?

    Let us hope not - and keep us posted!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm convinced your FedEx man, strung out from Christmas malarkey, is sitting in a pub, legs up, feet propped on a pile of Amandas he's supposed to be delivering, putting away a pint. The bastard.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck, I hope Mr. F arrived today with the gift. Hey, if not, she'll have a nice surprise AFTER the Holiday.
    Hope you're having fun this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home