The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Gospel According To April

And it came to pass that the Yarn Gods looked down upon the tiny village of Campbell and saw the goat herder, April, worshipping a false God. And that God was Acrylic. And they were angry.

"April!" they cried. "Why have you turned from silk and wool and begun worshipping the man made idols of Nylon and Microfibre?"

"I'm bored," replied April.

So the Yarn Gods set upon the land the Plague Of Dropped Stitches. And April cursed the Yarn Gods but would not lay aside the scratchy string. Down upon the couch came the Plague Of Too Many Yarn Overs. Yet April knit on.

Then the Yarn Gods sent down the angel, Alpaca, in the form of a UFO. And the angel Alpaca reminded April of her goal to have twelve finished FO's in 2006. Brandishing the US 11's Alpaca showed the lowly peasant how close she was to a completed scarf. And it was good.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    ooh, scarf is quite pretty. though admittedly I'm not sure, now, whether it's alpaca or acrylic.

    I don't want to count my FOs. It'll only reinforce the pitifulness of the count. I'm making some fingerless mitts right now, because they go fast and then I can persuade myself that I rock. Woo! go me.

    Want to come over and help me eat up the leftover Christmas cookies? I think I'm not going to fit out the front door tomorrow...

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salvation in the form of natural fibers from on high! (cue chorus of angels) Praise to the almighty alpaca and blessed be April the goatherd. Amen

    Let us all adjourn to the basement for fellowship, coffee and cake.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    April, woman, you are absolutely out of your mind - and we love you. Oh, yeah, and Sheep, what drugs are you on? We want some, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home