The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Schal Nr. sechs

That means Scarf Number Six for those who don't speak German. I don't but Babelfish does. Schal Nr. sechs is not quite done yet. Two skeins of Encore Worsted does not a five foot scarf make. I am short seven inches. Which I knew was going to happen because this is the second time I've crocheted this pattern with Encore. Perhaps I thought that a different colorway would have more yardage. Anyway, it's a nice sunny day so I thought "photo opportunity." It's not like another seven inches is going to make a whole lot of difference to the way this scarf looks.

This is the Men's Double Ribbed Scarf which is the pattern I had so much trouble with the first time I tried to make it. And I was going to post my version of it but then I got all caught up in rat adventures and I still haven't done it.

In other exciting news, I rented a storage locker yesterday. My storage locker is number 3066, just in case you wanted to write that down. It's gray with an orange door and I'm ever so thrilled. Well not really but I'm awfully glad to have some place to put all the damn rat cages. My 400 square foot apartment was getting rather claustrophobic. Of course I mean the empty rat cages, not the ones with occupants. That would be cruel. Does $64.00 a month seem like a lot for a 5' X 5' locker though? Of course it would be more than worth it if I could store Andy in there.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Well, some colours might weigh less than others!!! I have no idea about storage thingies,but I am glad it's just for the rat cages!!!
    Have you ever watched Spike Milligan's Ratties?? I used to, it's a cartoon, and I still sing the little song!!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I don't know from storage locker rates. Around here, all of the storage facilities post free first and/or last month on their signs.

    Guess this was jut the weekend for the cleaning up. Perhaps we are all in the back to school preparation mode - even for those who have no school age children. It is ingrained since our own childhood.

    That, or we just can't handle the idea of storing more junk over the winter months.

    One of the two.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    $64.00 is a bargain if it means you have the room to move freely and get to the rats in need. Plus it gives you more room to store yarn...

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Wow.. that's one gorgeous scarf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home