The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Guilty As Charged

Ladies of the Knitting Jury, you did a fine, fine job of not reaching a unanimous verdict. However, being the superior sleuth that I am, I already knew who had done the dastardly deed. You see, my three cats each have their own unique "puking style". Wilma, bless her pointed little head, is a projectile vomiter. If she had been the culprit, the entire living room carpet would have been covered. Andy is what we Canadian hockey lovers would call a "hat trick puker". If Andy needs to be sick, once isn't good enough. Noooo, he needs to throw up three times in rapid succesion. In different locations of course. With DeeDee, once is enough. Which is all there was.

AND just to provide further evidence of her crime, here she is trying to escape prosecution by hiding out in a Knitting Arts bag. Nice try, DeeDee, you're busted.

Which leads us to the weiner of this week's contest. The magical Random Number Generator picked #5 which just so happens to be my lovely friend, ROZ!. Not only is this a delightful event for Roz but it's also nice for me since I don't need to mail anything. It's also somewhat ironic as Roz is the Queen Of Fingerless Mitts having made like, oh, six million pairs of Mosaic Mitts for every one of her relatives. Perhaps this will be a nice change for her. CONGRATULATIONS, WEINER ROZ!

Moving on to the cultural portion of the post ...

I was sadly disappointed in Cate Blanchett's second run at Elizabeth I. Or perhaps I've just grown weary of watching Elizabeth chop off Mary's head. After all, I have seen almost every movie made about ol' Liz. But at least Cate Blanchett is the appropriate age. Not like Helen Mirren, who I still haven't forgiven for trying to portray Elizabeth at 49 when we all know Helen saw 49 QUITE SOME TIME AGO. Thankfully Clive Owen *drool* was also in this, as well as Geoffrey Rush. If you like period dramas it's worth renting for the costumes as well as the scenes where the British Navy kicks Spain's butt, otherwise give it a pass.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    How nice that you know your cats so well!

    I think.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Ha! I knew it was Dee-Dee!!! The pukers always have that same look about 'em...

    Now about that move. Where exactly do the zombies fit in? I'm sure there must be some since all movies have them. (at least the ones I watch) Are you trying to tell me that there was a zombie queen? That actually kind of makes sense!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    Congrats, Roz! Hopefully you'll get the yarn before Dee Dee gets to it ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home