The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Lativa Smatvia

OK, let's have a little informal poll here tonight at the ol' Weaving Inn. Hands up everyone that believes Latvia is part of Russia. Aha! Just as I thought, everyone thinks Latvia is part of Russia. However, in looking at the map below ...

... we can clearly see that Latvia is a country unto itself. Which is why it was a really BAD idea for me to ship a package for one of the House Of Torture's customers to Moscow. Do not all roads lead to Moscow? No, they do not. Apparently this package was supposed to go to Riga (aka the capital of Lativa).

This has left my customers Vadim and Ivars most confused. And resulted in them sending me angry e-mails such as, "April! Why send package to Russia?!? April! You must pay attentions better to your workings!" Ha! I'll tell you right now that I take great pride in my workings!

I am but a lowly accountant, no one ever told me I needed to know every single country in the entire world as well as how to prepare a balance sheet. Honestly, can you blame me for not knowing that Latvia was a country? When was the last time you heard anything about Latvia? Sure, they've got some kick ass mittens but what else? If the Latvian government had any sense at all, they'd offer up an orphan to Brad and Angelina and then the entire world would know about them. And maybe on the way over there, Brad and Angie could take a detour through Moscow Customs and see if they can't find Vadim and Ivars package.

Now let's all take a deep breath and look at some yarn.

Here we have more Pagewood Farms Hand Dyed Sock Yarn. In "Camo". I keep buying this yarn because A) you get a lot and B) it's very reasonably priced for a hand dye. The yarn is a bit more greeny in real life and quite frankly I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Hey! Maybe I'll give it away as a prize in the great Black & White Cookie Debate! Just a reminder, you have until tomorrow at 6pm PST to weigh in on what defines a B&W Cookie. Or you could just talk about cookies. It doesn't really matter. At this point I'm far too busy trying to find a missing package.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Lativa, huh?

    I don't know anything about Russia and their customs (although I hear they have quite the formal tea ritual). Hope someone there realizes that the Latvian package should be RTS ASAP.

    If not, maybe the House of Torture could send you on a retrieval trip and you could then hand deliver the package to Latvia. And pick up some cool mittens while you are there. And maybe an orphan child. You were looking into single motherhood, were you not?

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger the Lady said…

    You were obviously not a child of the 90s who had map changes just about every 6 months while the rest of the world figured out what the h. was going on.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I don't think about Latvia all that much. But, now I wonder what kind of cookies they have there...

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Alwen said…

    Such a kidder. Next you are going to claim you thought Estonia was in Africa somewhere! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home