The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

For The Love Of ... Jewelry

Or jewellry, as we say in Canada. Now there are many things I can resist. Healthy food. Crying babies. Most acrylic yarns. But I have a serious problem with handmade jewelry. Which is why I should never have found out about Etsy. Because dudes, Etsy rocks my bobby sox when it comes to jewelry. For example ...

From squidglass' shop comes the Cranky Beaver pendant. Now for those of you who are thinking ... "Aha, so THAT'S how April's love life is going.", please, get your minds out of the gutter. Do we not all know that the beaver is the national animal of Canada? And that occasionally I am cranky because I am here and not there? Ergo, a glass pendant of a very annoyed rodent. Perverts.

Next, jewelry from Canada! Was that a seque or what? This is from CreationsByUli. A most lovely and talented woman. I *love* the work she does, especially her chainmaille bracelets. They make me feel all Medieval and chit. This bracelet is actually not blue (thank you, crummy camera) but a deep, deep purple. All I need is a trusty steed and I'll be ready to ride off into battle.

Finally, my latest Etsy purchase. Don't even ask me how much I adore this pendant because words fail me. This is from Surly Amy's shop, Surly-Ramics. It's not actually orange (thank you again, crummy camera) but a deep crimson. It's ceramic and I want to marry it. Talk about proclaiming your love of knitting, this pendant is a good inch and a half in length and sturdy. I could quite easily and happily buy everything in Amy's store. Seriously, if you're into jewelry that's just a bit off the wall, this is where you want to go. Who wouldn't want a pendant in the shape of a coffin? I mean, c'mon now.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    <~ waves hand in air
    I knew about Castor canadensis!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Now you know why I flat out refuse to get a paypal account. Between the shiny stuff and the roving, I would be doomed.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh, Etsy...and jewelry! Be still my heart!!!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Oh boy, I can see the money flying out of my wallet now. Little green wings flapping like crazy.

    Those are all lovely pieces.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home