The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Time Off

The House Of Torture very kindly gave its loyal employees a few days off over the holiday season. PAID days off. As in "you do not need to use your vacation time" days off. As some of you can imagine, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with myself. Not go to work? Well where would I go then?

I thought to ask Andy or DeeDee for suggestions ...

But they were quite involved in a snuggle nap and didn't want to be bothered. Perhaps Wilma could tell me what to do.

Hmm. Do I really want advice from a cat that can't even keep her tongue in her mouth? So I went with the obvious. Bang out another pair of fingerless gloves.

Technically these are wristwarmers, as in A Little Twist Wristwarmers, the very finest wristwarmer pattern ever written. These fit like ... well ... a glove. I am so completely in love with this pattern I may ask it to marry me. The little cable pattern makes it fun to do and the thumb gusset rocks because you don't need to pick up any stitches. I have bribed people with handknit socks so they'll pick up stitches for me. Me no likey pickin' up stitches. But with this pattern I don't have to!

However, just so you didn't all die of boredom with all the fingerless gloving I cast on for a new sock yesterday. The yarn is Colinette's "Jitterbug" in Blue Parrot, the pattern is the fabulous New Year's Day Socks. How appropriate, eh? I'm really enjoying this pattern because other than in the ribbing, there is no PURLING. Hear that, trekster? NO PURLING! I hate purling even more than I hate picking up stitches!

Who says we don't know how to have a good time at Chez Insanity?!?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Mmm, Addicted to Glove, Glove Actually, My Summer of Glove, Feast of Glove .... and other glove related films ....

    ....what? It's early, I'm tired ....

    But I'm loving the gloves :)

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hmm, purling's getting a pretty bum rap here...But the socks are pretty.

    And how would we rib without purls?

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Hate purling...hate it with the passion to ignite a thousand suns. In fact, I went into a purling panic attack at Purl Diva while I was waiting for my turn in the 1000 Knitters shoot. Some smart aleck thought to tell me that I might have to purl. It was not pretty to watch...

    And I didn't even have to purl.

    Don't even get me started on picking up stitches.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    You have actual time off and you're not sleeping?! What's wrong with you?!

    Don't get me started on the whole purling business. :p

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the kitties had the right idea of what to do with time off. As a matter of fact, I could use a nap right now (but they won't let me sleep at work - go figure!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home