The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

And All She Had ...

... after a full month of not blogging ... were a pair of fingerless mitts. How truly sad is that?

Pretty mitts but still, just a pair. These are the Maine Morning Mitts which are the most basic pair of fingerless mitts you could ever want. In fact, if I'd been more helpful, I would have posted the link about a month ago in time for people to bang out half a dozen pair before Christmas. Sigh.

Malabrigo in the colorway "Little Lovely" on size umm 6's? Why I'm drawing a blank on the needle size is a bit of a mystery since I've knit a second pair in Cloud 9 and a solitary mitt in Manos. I've also finished a pair of Fetching from Knitty, pictures sometime in the near future. It's basically all mitts, all the time at Chez Insanity.

In other news, I'm still working two jobs although I doubt you could qualify working at a yarn store as "a job." It's more like non-stop hysteria since we have the greatest bunch of customers in the world. Our store is more like a hang out or a clubhouse than a business establishment. It's sort of like "Cheers" without the alcohol.

Am I ready for Christmas? Well given that I have not a single soul to buy presents for, I haven't had to do much. I'm not so sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. So I may go all out and spoil the kitties. Catnip toys, new beds, woohoo, the party never stops. Perhaps I'll knit Andy an argyle vest. Really, the options are endless.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Welcome back!!!!!

    The mitts look very cool.

    ::clicking on the link to see the pattern (we do live in the land of cold here)::

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Pretty mitts. I made a pair in Noro Kureyon but I bet yours are softer. Malabrigo worsted I assume? I need to get some of that to make another pair or five.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh, hi!!! It's good to hear your virtual voice. And I love the mitts. Not just for the whole "Maine" thing either. They're purty!!!

    Hope the holidays treat you well. In fact, I hope you treat yourself as well as the kitties. When you buy for yourself, you always get what you want!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    If you get the urge to hop on the train to San Diego, you're always welcome.

    The mitts, they are pretty indeed...

    I'm totally lame on the gift thing this year. :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home