The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Feet Don't Fail Me Now

I have survived Day 1 of the Knitting Arts Anniversary Sale.

My feet hurt. A lot. But it was a very successful day, sale wise. And when I closed out the cash register tonight we were only off by 35 cents. In our favor. I also got to draw the winning name of today's raffle prize! We're giving away a prize every day. The grand prize on the last day of the sale is an Ott floor lamp. I wish I could enter the raffle.

So ... anyway ... I may have been known to have said in the past, "I wish someone would pay me to knit."

This, knitting fans, will soon become a Parisian Beret for one of our customers. There I was sitting in the store yesterday ON MY DAY OFF doing some enforced knitting on the Sweater of Doom. In walks a lady who asks, "Do you work here?" It seemed too much trouble to explain that yes I do but not today so I just nodded. She was quite taken by one of our display hats and wondered if we had the pattern. Heck yeah we do AND we've got kits, too! Go us. Only problem, she doesn't knit. Long story short, I'm knitting it. On freakin' size 11's. I'm knitting it with two Lorna's Laces yarns, "Revelation" and "Grace". Then you thread the silk ribbon through it and la di da, throw that lady a croissant.

I think I'm getting a wee bit punchy. Time to retire to the couch because I'm back in action again tomorrow morning at 9:45. WeeEEeeEEeeEEeeEEee.

10 Comments:

  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger aija said…

    I'm so jealous! You have a stalker :)

    Woo for being paid to knit :)

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Aww...I want a stalker!!! I've only had someone recognize me from the blog once. And I'm not all that sure she was completely awed by my presence. Maybe I should get a horse...

    Good luck with the shopping hordes today!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    A stalker - you are so famous! Or is it Victor that is so famous??

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Congratulations on surviving your first day of the sale! And on being paid to knit! I don't knit fast enough to do it for pay unfortunately but it does sound nice.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    It was the best grey ever and you know it. ;^)

    I hope you survive today!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your very own stalker - lucky you :)

    YAY for getting paid to knit!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Congrats on surviving your first sale! My first day of work there was on a sale day... me feet never knew what hit them. :)

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    All in all though it sounds like a wonderful job! I hope you receive some kind of compensation for your beret knitting. If not money then maybe a bottle of champagne, or chocolate, or yarn.

    I love the pirate hat!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Michaela said…

    Can you see me waving the White Flag of Surrender? Whilst I still think that any monkeys would be far happier living here in my house, the pull of living with someone who works in a yarn shop is very strong indeed. So strong that I may have to come and live with you myself and let the rest of the family fend for themselves!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    I don't know where you are now, April, but your certainly AREN'T WORKING ON YOUR BLOG.

    It's been over a week since your last confession.

    Things getting too hot to handle at the yarn shop??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home