The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Arrrrr, Matey

I couldn't resist. But after knitting the Pink & Purple 'Paca Pirate Hat I'm allowing myself a little silliness. God only knows what's going to happen when I'm finished the Sweater Of Doom. So without further ado, another product of my continuing spiral into Fair Isle Madness ...

It's not quite finished, still need to knit the liner, wash and block. It came out a trifle small but I'm hoping by blocking it, it'll stretch some. Not a lot though, I imagine. Frog Tree Alpaca Sportweight on US 3's, the liner is done on 1's. Oh joy. As I said previously, me no likey Fair Isle done in alpaca. Crummy stitch definition. However, in the interest of stash busting and all, blah, blah, blah.

A crappy picture of the top but it gives you an idea of the design. This thing definitely needs blocking though. In other yarn news, the store is having it's 4th anniversary sale starting tomorrow (Saturday, September 1st). I am working uhh ... Saturday. Sunday. Monday. Death by yarn - it may be possible. Anyway, if you're in the South Bay and would like to pay 25% less on any yarn in the store c'mon by, we'd love to see you. E-mail / phone orders accepted as well. All the details on the website. Sale ends September 9th or when all the store employees drop dead, whichever comes first.

Last but not least, I seem to be collecting Rowan Felted Tweed. I love tweed yarn and Rowan has some beautiful colors in the Felted Tweed; I wish it was spun a bit more evenly but that's me. I'm just WEIRD.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I was just thinking that I had more cash left over this month than I'd thought. I was wondering what to do with all that...it might take my mind of the 8 billion yards of purple laceweight yarn that just arrived in my mailbox and is probably not going to match a certain "dress" I have to wear in the near future.

    You know, I have an alpaca/fair isle sweater that I bought a billion years ago (read here: Mommy Sheep bought it for me cuz I begged) and the fuzzy stitch definition isn't all that bad. Kinda pretty, actually. I think your hat looks great!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    pardon my aussie ignorance sweety but why does it need a liner?

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    How fab!

    Love!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Your hat is purty darned beautimous, fuzzy stitch definition or not. Good luck with the blocking and all that (and hey! I thought you were allergic to blocking!)..

    I'm supposed to be completely off computers for a few days because of some sort of eye problem. But who can resist your awesome Fair Isle? Which I keep wanting to spell Fair Aisle, which seems more like one of those places where you buy a Deep Fried Twinkie, but anyway...

    I can't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home