The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Mean ... Really ...

Ahem.

There I was, sitting in my car at a red light, peacefully minding my own business. I may have been singing along with the radio. It's possible. Up walks a gentleman pushing all his worldly goods in a shopping cart.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" he screams.

"Excuse me?" I reply, ever the polite Canadian.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?"

"Um, nothing," I answer, frantically rolling up my window.

At which point he SPIT ALL OVER MY WINDOW.

Now I don't know about America, but in Canada that behaviour would be frowned upon. I'm just saying. But if I was still in Canada, it's unlikely I would have rolled down the window as I drove off and screamed back ...

"I GIVE MONEY TO HOMELESS PEOPLE, YOU STUPID FUCK!"

11 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger the Lady said…

    That is really disgusting. You poor thing. I hope the spit didn't get in your eyes. And that's why I don't give money to homeless people... let natural selection or social services take over... I pay taxes for that.

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Tracy x said…

    yuk - hope you are o.k x
    this would happen in London and i would shout back!
    luckily i have moved to quiet Scotland.....
    tracy x

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yikes!!!

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Donna Lee said…

    I work in behavioral health. We discourage people to give money to the homeless. Philadelphia really frowns on it. They yelling is common, the spitting, fortunately, not so common. Yucky for you. Be careful shouting back, you never know anymore.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Heavens to Mergatroid!

    You posted twice in one week!!

    No, but seriously, that's just gross. I think you'll find that he was no gentleman (you may want to edit that part of your post.)

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's kind of scary (and gross)!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Jeez...

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Bleck! I'm not so good with confrontation and am fortunate to not have too many people come at me like that. Most of them just want to tell me their woes.

    Except for that time I visited CA, come to think of it. We were (and I kid you not) near San Fransisco when the shopping cart people got all up in our grilles! Hmmm...

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Yeah {sigh}... and in Canada I don't think they'd have dumped all these mental patients on the streets when they ran out of insurance and government money for the hospitals. :-P I feel awful for them, but I don't want to be spat on or yelled at, either.

    Sympathies!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    Man, that sounds like the things that happen in big cities. It's scary when you don't know what strange or dangerous things the person may do. Glad you're okay.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    ..... I'm saying nothing .....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home