The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Still Alive. Kinda.

Err ... hi! Yes, it's me, the reluctant blogger. Or something like that. One might wonder why I even bother any pretense of keeping a blog but can I help it if I only like to blog when I have something to show? And heaven only knows, I'm the world's slowest knitter. So I've been knitting instead of blogging so as to have something to show. See the vicious circle I'm trapped in? I suppose I could post a million pictures of Victor but even that's gotta get old after a while. Right?

OK, on with the show ...

Hey, who said that? Who said, "We had to wait all bloody week for a frickin' mitten?" I bet it was that cheeky Monkee Maker. There's no pleasing some people. Anyway, yeah, it's a mitten. "Corazon" from Knitty to be exact. In Rowan's Pure Wool DK. And guess what? IT'S TOO BIG. By like an inch. So if anyone has 8 1/2" long hands, please let me know. I haven't knit the second mitten yet but once that happens, these mitts will be looking for a home. Oh. Here's the back.

I'm waiting until the second mitten is done to do the thumb. I hate doin' thumbs.

Believe it or not, I've bought next to nothing since I started working at the store. I don't know why that is, perhaps something about horses needing shoes and grain. However, today I decided to splurge a bit and bought myself this wonderful book. Hopefully it will teach me how to make mittens to fit ME. It has a ton of beautiful patterns and was well worth buying.

Hmm, I have other stuff to post about but I'm too tired to sit up any longer. Tomorrow. Ha.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Hmmmm. Only blogging when one has something to blog about? It's a novel idea but I'm not sure it'll catch on here.

    On the other hand, I definitely think thumbless mittens could. Imagine, no more sweaty fingers as there's a handy built-in ventilation hole.

    Or am I the only one who suffers with "perspiring" digits?

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger aija said…

    If it's any consolation (i know, i know)... the book "knitting fair isle mittens and gloves" says that it is traditional in the Shetland islands that mittens be longer than the hand-- that they are roomy and "flop" at the fingertips.

    :)

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    From base of palm to middle finger tip is only 6½"; I mean, I know I have large palms but short fingers, but come on, 8½"?? You'll probably have to find a guy that has "delicate for a man" hands! :O

    But the mitten is very pretty.

    And you need to email more often if you are not going to be blogging. You hear me?

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    That mitten looks great!

    Ya know, you can blog about anything. It doesn't have to only be knitting content.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sadly Trek I can offer the flip side to your comment - I have 'huge hands for a girl', big peasant hands all ready to grub potatoes from the soil
    So Weaving Inn when you finish the other if you really do wish to rehome them I promise there is a friendly welcoming place waiting for them in the deep Sth.S.W

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Wait...I'm supposed to wait until I have something to blog about??? Substance counts??? Ack!!!!!!!!!!!

    I do love the mitten! Sometimes it's worth it to knit something just for the sake of doing it. It doesn't have to be the right size. It could be a Christmas ornament! It's cool lookin' no matter what you do!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Hey Ms April please come visit. I have baby goaties to show you on my Blog.
    Ms Sheepie has already had a look and got taken over all mooshy.Rosie is complaining that she hasn't had birth congratulations from you yet.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger the Lady said…

    You could leave your mittens to the Dulaan Project...

    And as to horses and shoes, have you checked into a natural foot? That's where the horses don't get shod if they're not working horses (which is most horses these days, and by working, I mean like 100 miles a day). Anyway, the horse's foot just gets a natural trim, and the hoof gets lowered, rather than having the back of the hoof high up. It's better for their hooves and health. I can hook you up with some info if you're interested.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Victor photos could never get tired.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I love your corazon. I've made a pair myself, but I did not get the patterning to look as good as it does on yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home