The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Official "I Love Marie" Post

Hello and welcome to the weekly updating of the "Weaving Inn" blog.

Today's posting is brought to you courtesy of my co-worker, Marie. Marie is an especially wonderful person and I'm not saying that just because she covered my shift today. Or because she's the one that let me in on the news that Knitting Arts was hiring. No, I'm saying it just because it's true. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Marie to show you. However, I do have a picture of Marie's husband.

Hello, Mr. Marie! Rather good looking isn't he? So this weekend is the first two consecutive days I've had off in two months. Seemed like a good time to update the ol' bloggage. Yarn call!

I'd really like to tell you all that I'm trying very hard not to buy a lot of yarn even though I work in a yarn store. But that would be a big, fat lie. Here's Cascade Yarns "Cloud 9". A lovely yarn made up of 50% merino wool and 50% angora. Worsted weight, 109 yards. And very sensibly priced as we can see by the large honkin' price tag I've managed to capture in the picture. Uh, sorry about that, Jan. Anyway, this yarn is for a pair of mittens similar to these. Next!

Colinette Jitterbug in greys and pinks. For when I get my sock knitting mojo back. But there's also been some finishing! And some starting!

Two thumbs away from being an FO, back again are the Corazon mittens from Knitty. Those thumbs need to be finished very quickly as these mittens are a birthday gift. For the incredibly gorgeous and disgustingly talented Dave. It's his birthday ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. Get those cards in the mail, folks.

And in honor of my day off today, I started a new pair of gloves. These are the Bewitching Gloves designed by Nanette Blanchard. I've done a bit of color change, opting to do the lettering in orange instead of white. The cuff is the "Double, Double, Toil And Trouble" thinger from MacBeth. In Koigu. Yay. According to my calendar I have a scant 24 days to finish these if I want to wear them for Halloween.

And last, but not least, I've started "Cozy", another Knitty pattern. I've wanted to make this shawl/stole/wrap whatever since I first saw it but could never find a worsted weight yarn that I thought would work well enough. Until we got Cascade's Venezia Worsted in stock. 70% merino wool and 30% silk with 219 yards per skein. I love it.

Seen enough yarn? Seen enough projects? OK, good, now I can upload all this crap onto Ravelry. I'll be back in a week. Maybe sooner.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Yay for the weekly update! I also love Marie for giving you the time to touch base with your fans. Enjoy the well-deserved break!

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hey, long time, no post.

    Welcome back.

    But we can see what's been keeping you so busy lately.

    Um, for someone who lives in a warm place, you sure knit a lot of cool weather stuff.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Yay for colorwork!! I've just finished a pair of kids' mittens, working on the g-d noni bag from last year, and trying to stay my hand for frogging eunny's chuck's cabled sock pattern.

    The *word* angora just makes me warm :)

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Very attractive husband of Marie, and, yes, we do love her for helping you get a weekend off.

    How's the sweater coming along?

    /ducks

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Mr. Marie is pretty cute, especially holding knitting...

    Though I have to admit most men are cute when they are holding knitting. Still --

    The big question is, is the yarn store job managing to cover the money you're spending on yarn?

    Cozy's looking lovely and.. cozy!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And *I* love April! Thanks for the mad kudos & pix of hubby (my 9 year old son (of Red Scarf Project fame) and I taught hubby (or as I call him "Techno-hubby") to knit)...so the knittage pictured is real :)

    So what did April actually *do* on her weekend off? She came in to shop hahahahahahahahahahahaha (and brag about her Ravelry status to me, the doofus who misspelled her own e-mail when she signed up...ARRRGGHH (<----well past talk like a pirate day))

    Hope the rest of the weekend off went well....

    Oh, yeah, *and* I had a head cold during the aforementioned covering for April...not that I am angling for any medals or anything (but chocolate works...just kidding...really!!! LOL!)

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I checked all the Campbell, California peeps on Ravelry and no one leaped out as being you. I'm still Catsmum if you want to 'friend' me, and then I can friend you back.
    ps Ruby and Rowan have trebled their birthweight in 4 weeks.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Ahhh, it warms the cockles of my heart to see a handsome young man holding the sticks of knit.

    And when I read he can really use them (unlike that fake Russell Crowe who was just posing apparently), my cockles go into meltdown!

     
  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Yoohoo April? where aaaaarrrrre yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu????
    Have you been eaten by the Ravelry monster??

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Phew! Is it just me, or has it been a llllllooooooonnnnnnggggg week??

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I hope those weren't sent because they must have gotten lost in the mail. I just wanted to let you know, in case you sent them and was wondering why I never thanked you...;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home