The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, November 05, 2007

*Wave*

Whoa! Where the heck did October go? It was just here a minute ago and, in the words of the always clever Sheepie, great Googly Moogly, it's NOVEMBER. Gracious me.

So ... moving along. Busy, very busy. Despite the fact that I am horse-less and the goats are living at a friend's ranch. Here at the House Of Torture, I was given a raise but at the same time had my workload increased by about 50%. Which is seriously cutting into my blog reading / commenting time. Not good. And then there's that whole working six or seven days a week thinger. Hmm, I seem to have run out of excuses.

However, the knitting continues.

Here we have Crazy Aunt Purl's "Reversible Halloween Beanie" which I did manage to finish in time to wear to Halloween. Or would have, if it hadn't looked like crap on me. Beanies and my head ... not such a good match. Anyway, it used up the orange Koigu I bought to make my Halloween gloves that never got made.

Next!

Your most basic sock in some rather ugly yarn. This is Colinette "Jitterbug" which pools quite horrendously. I had thought to make a sample of it for the store but I think we can all agree that this sock would not entice many people to buy Jitterbug yarn. Don't ask me why I'm still knitting with it, I guess hope springs eternal. Perhaps when it's done the colors will miraculously rearrange themsevles and it will be a thing of beauty. Yeah.

Finally!

From MagKnits, the Fake Isle Hat in Noro Kureyon and Crystal Palace Aran. I love this pattern. However, I do not love my Comfort Zone needles with this yarn. The yarn is stiiiiiiiicking to the needles like whoa.

Speaking of things that move slowly, am I the only one on the planet for whom Ravelry moves at a snail's pace? Yes, I know it's still in Beta, yes, I know it's free, but jeepers creepers, zzZZzzZZzzZZ. Maybe I should write blog posts while I'm waiting for the Ravelry screen to refresh. There's an idea!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    There you are! :D

    I wonder if another pattern would help that sock yarn along.

    Congrats on the raise! I hope things are going well. I miss you!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Welcome back! I was so worried that you had dropped off the face of the planet - or that I missed the news article that said that all of California was now laying at the bottom of the Pacific.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I was getting ready to come out there and try to lure you out with gummy bears or something. Welcome back!

    Glad that you got a raise, but let's try to not get overworked, 'kay? We need April healthy for our regular updates and all!

    Missed ya!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger the Lady said…

    Are you using Internet Explorer with Ravelry? I've heard it's slow. I use Firefox and it's just dandy.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Hurrah! She's back!! Why don't you leave those revellers at ravelry and just come back to your blog, where you're loved ;)

    Cute hat :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    Nope, it's *you*, April, it's you! Ravelry zips for me...but the, I'm the doofus that got in two whole weeks later because she typed her own e-mail address wrong, so go figure!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I can't wear a beanie either. It makes me look like a pinhead. As in Zippy. Not so cute.

    Sorry about the Comfort Zones. You really don't want to use those with sticky wool. I've found them useful on alpaca and tencel, though...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home