The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

SMACK or CRASH. Hard To Say.

Is this year OVER yet?

You all know Iris, my lovely co-worker. Her car is in the shop this week having major surgery and I've been her chauffeur since she lives all of 10 minutes from me.

There we were this morning, happily driving down Montague Expressway, chatting away. I turned to say something to her and SMACK. Or was it CRASH. Might have been CRUNCH. Yeah, CRUNCH I think. I rear ended the guy in front of me.

As Iris tells it, since I'm not sure what happened because I wasn't WATCHING THE ROAD, someone cut the car in front of me off. The car in front of me stopped suddenly, me ... not so suddenly. Since we were only going about 20 miles an hour there was no damage to my bumper. Well none that was glaringly obvious. I regulary drive into stationary objects since I have zero depth perception. Which is why I usually keep a healthy distance between the car in front of me and myself. NOT TODAY THOUGH.

Emil, the nice man I hit, gave me his business card with his cell phone number. This thrilled Iris to no end because she was quite smitten with Emil. In fact, she was out of the car before I was. Flirting away on the side of the road while I tried to find my insurance card. Then as we were driving away, Iris looked at me and said, "Oh my heart, my heart." I of course immediately assumed she was having an accident related heart attack and started to panic. But as it turned out, it was simply Cupid's arrow piercing her heart. Iris can be quite poetic, she's Greek you know.

So. How's your morning been?

On a happier note, we have TWO winners in the "Spread The Gospel Of Cabin Cove Mercantile" contest. Congratulations to Abby and Libby. Libby, I already have your address, Abby I think I lost yours. If you could refresh my memory via Sakkasie@hotmail.com it would be most appreciated.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh nooooo!!! But, at least you may have made a love connection out of the whole thing. The good news is that its almost Friday. Some weeks were just meant to end...

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Oh dear!
    Hope Emil's car isn't badly hurt - and that Iris gets a date.

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    Does this mean you are now running a dating service?
    Hope that you, Iris, Emil and both cars are ok.
    Your life is an ongoing adventure,
    but,
    I hope that next week is injury free
    and
    just quality time with goats, kitties and knitting.
    Lindy

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, April, that's ONE way to get a date.
    Contest??? Contest??? Who knew there was a contest?

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I think you are using up your stash of bad karma in order to ensure several months of perfection in a row...

    Anyway, oy! but glad no one is hurt!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said…

    I'm glad you weren't hurt. I got rear-ended years ago exiting 280 onto 92. Alas, it was a teenager in his parents SUV. He was so upset that his CD player no longer worked! me, I saw a lot of the chiropractor.

    Good luck with the Love Connection and Keep your eyes on the road. : - )

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger aija said…

    I think I'd swoon at the name Emil too! :) Glad to heat the car and contents are okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home