The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All's Quiet On The Western Front

There's been some miscellaneous knitting happening here at Chez Insanity. The gusset has been started on the Baby Cable Rib sock.

The heel flap for this sock has a garter stitch border on either side. It was a LOT easier to pick up stitches for the gusset that way. I was going to continue the cable rib on the instep stitches but I'm tired of doing ribbing so it'll be a plain stockinette footy.

I've also been working on the Climbing Vines Lace Scarf which is a project I started last night. But the lace pattern is so simple I'm debating whether or not I want to do it after all. The pattern calls for US size 10 needles. That's not knitting lace, that's knitting a scarf with strategically placed big holes. I'm also using Rowan's Summer Tweed for it and I'm not crazy about it either. Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow and have a vote. Yeah, that's the ticket.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Garter stitch border. Hmmm, something to remember. I've always liked the baby cables, and you're doing a great job. I especially like the colors of the yarn.

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I like the detail of the garter stitch border. The yarn is so bright and happy - looks like tropical fruit.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Very nice! I dig that garter border too, its something "different" :)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    OOH! I like that sock! The yarn reminds me of the Finn I'm spinning. And you're right...the photo from my blog would make a faboo notecard. (Which is more of a testimonial to the fiber than the photographer. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home