The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Something New

In a desperate attempt to take my mind off the fact that my body was MELTING yesterday, I decided to try something new. Since wool is not �sweat friendly� the something new needed to be made from cotton. What is cotton good for? Dishcloths.


Over at Criminy Jickets, Dave had come up with a wonderful entrelac pattern for dishcloths. I haven�t seen much done in entrelac and what I have seen hasn�t really bowled me over. But there was something about these dishcloths �




Not exactly an auspicious start, eh? However, the pattern clearly stated that things would look a little twisted at first but that everything would get sorted out eventually. I�m not exactly the best stitch picker upper in the world but by the end of this pattern there was a definite improvement in my ability. And since it�s all garter stitch I got to knit knit knit to my heart�s content.




All in all, I think it came out reasonably well. There�s definitely room for improvement but it is, after all, a dishcloth. An added bonus is that Michael�s has this particular yarn (Sugar �n Cream, Cookies �n Cream? I can never remember the name) on sale this week for $1.00 a ball. Christmas 2006 � the dishcloth Christmas.


Yes, it�s unsanitary. But when a kitty�s eyes start bulging out and he�s panting like a freight train he�s goin� in the fridge. For as long as he wants.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Andy!

    I like the washcloth - I want to knit some myself but I am having a hard time wrenching myself away from the socks... :o(

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice dishcloth! I think I would like to try that also. Your kitty in the fridge is cute, hey you have to do what you have to do to survive the heat. I have had my head in the freezer a few times already today.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! I saw the same pattern and got the same urge. Gotta make some dishcloths. We have a dishwasher, but still... gotta make some dishcloths...

    I think Andy deserves fridge privileges. Kind of like how The Cheat gets crisper drawer privileges in the Strong Bad cartoons.

    - Yer Pal

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    It was so freakin hot yesterday, Magick and I each had our own personal Ice pack to cuddle up with as we slept all day.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    You poor guys! We're used to that kind of heat here in Texas, but I know it must be killing you. Poor sweet little Andy in the fridge. I hope you guys are keeping cool.

    Renee

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    It's looking good! I love the cat in the fridge. Makes me want to clean out a shelf or two and crawl in myself :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home