The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 10, 2006

So Soft Sundara

With only a mere 52 rows left to go on Broadripple #2 I figured it was safe to start on the next sock. And it's not in Koigu! No, this sock will be in the absolutely beautiful Sundara Handpainted yarn that my Other Secret Pal sent me. Am I the only one that absolutely HATES doing ribbing? I think I must measure every two rounds to see if I'm done yet. So as we can see here, the ribbing is done and what we can't see here is the first six rounds of the pattern.

But that's not really important because I'll probably change my mind about the pattern again tomorrow. Not only do I hate ribbing, I hate purling. I don't know why, I just do. A couple purls per round is OK. More than that, not so OK. And this particular pattern I've chosen has a lot of purls. Which might make me cranky over the long run.

On a completely non-knitting subject, am I the only one who regularly loses their car in parking lots? I was convinced CONVINCED someone had stolen my car tonight from the Cosentino's parking lot. But I couldn't figure out why someone would want a beat up old '99 Nissan Altima with a bumper sticker that reads, "Real Horses Weigh A Ton." Turns out I was looking for my car in the area where I parked YESTERDAY. Maybe I should start going to the grocery store once a week like most normal people instead of every day. Or an even better idea would be to walk to Cosentino's. Since I only live ACROSS THE STREET.

Mr. Stud

It's still hot as all heck here at Chez Insanity. Which means Ralphie is on the prowl. Or on the swim. Whatever it is that male fish do. For a good time, just dial 1-800-HOT-FISH and Ralphie will take you back to his tank to show you his bubble nest. I'll even change the water in his tank beforehand.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I din't know that betta fish had virtual p|mps! :o)

    Sock is looking really pretty.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi April! I have a little Sentra, and here in the land of the giant SUVs, I routinely "lose" my car - because I can't see it around all the freaking giant trucks.

    I'm sad today, because my sweet old woman kitty Elektra died this morning. She was 19, and man was she a fine cat. But I'm so glad I was with her in the end.

    Hey, I'm going to Amherst, MA tomorrow for a job interview. While I'm up there, I plan to stop in at WEBS (you know, yarn.com). Want me to buy you any sock yarn? After all, it doesn't bust your diet if it's a gift, right! ;-)

    Renee

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    pfft, how do you think i earn money for sock yarn? :)

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger April said…

    renee,

    i'm SO sorry to hear about elektra. for some reason i thought sammy was your only kitty. but 19 is a fine age for a cat and i'm sure they were all wonderful years.

    i can't believe you just told me you were going to WEBS.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, don't tell anyone, but I have 3 other kitties besides Sam. But they're very shy. Sam is now the oldest kitty, and he just turned 13, and in great health. The other 3 are much younger.

    Oh yeah, did I mention I'm going to stop in at WEBS tomorrow or Friday? ;-)

    Just sign me The Sock Yarn Pusher

     

Post a Comment

<< Home