The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 17, 2006

No SSS Here

Broadripple #2. Finished. Done. Fits. Happy. So clearly we have no Second Sock Syndrome goin' on at Chez Insanity. No, instead we have NSS. New Sock Syndrome. I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to do next. I thought I liked the Cat's Paw in the Claudia Handpainted. I was wrong. I was knitting it on US 2.5 and it was far too loose. This of course is after I tried the Sundara yarn in 3 patterns (Waterfall, Bluebell and Chain Link) and the Sockotta in the Cat's Paw. Oh, I also tried doing the Sundara in the Cloverleaf pattern but I couldn't figure out how to read the chart. It's not like I have a shortage of yarns to choose from. Or patterns for that matter. But I just can't seem to settle down and get started on a new sock. Tragic.

It's midnight and it's 73 degrees. Is it just me or is there something horribly wrong with that? How am I supposed to sleep? But apparently I'm the only one having that problem.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Broadripple looks great! I bet you have happy feet, now. I love those colors.

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Yay no SSS! Send some non-sss vibes over here, willya? :)

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Why not try Jaywalkers in the Regia Stretch Crazy Colors you scored in June? I am doing a pair in Regia Stretch Crazy Colors (116) and I love it.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger April said…

    wendy,

    thanks so much, i quite like the way they turned out too. it's such a great (and easy) pattern.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger April said…

    aija,

    how many pairs of socks have you knit? like 8,374,632? and i knit 2 pairs. somehow i don't think you have a problem with SSS. really.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    i shall bow to your superior sock knowledge and give the jaywalkers pattern a go. especially since it has no purls in it. i knew i could count on you. :)

     
  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    You got it easy, its 1am here and its 82!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home