The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Things That Are Blue

Today has been a very "blue" day. Not blue as in "sad blue" because it was actually quite a lovely day but because the color blue keeps popping up. Perhaps it was because I was wearing a blue t-shirt, I'm not sure. But these wonderful blue creations crossed my path today.

Is this a crochet hook or is this a crochet hook? This was a GIFT from my friend KERRY. I'm quite sure I don't know what I did to deserve such a present like this just out of the blue (haha, get it?), but regardless, I love it and I'm keeping it. It's an "I" which is a hook size I use all the time. Spoiled, that's what I am. Thanks Kerry!

Here's something else that's blue -

Some of you may remember my co-worker, Iris, who selected the two names for the Heartmade Blessings baskets that weren't really baskets but actually boxes. A few weeks ago I gave Iris some Lion Brand Jiffy yarn so that she could crochet a blanket for her grandson. Well Iris decided her grandson had enough blankets and that this one should go to Project Linus. Yay Iris! Is she a sweetheart or what? And it's even got the "Tabby Seal of Approval"!

Did you know that bluebells are a wildflower in Northern Virgina? I quite blatantly stole this picture from this website - http://www.pwconserve.org/issues/floraandfauna/flora/ . Hopefully by posting the link they won't send me off to prison for copyright infringement. What do bluebells and Virginia have to do with moi? Well I'm getting a little tired of California and I'm contemplating a move. Maybe to Virginia. But rumor has it that it's very humid there and I can't say I'm crazy about humidity. But really, who is?

And now a little "Made In Canada" contest blue. Two lovely skeins of Berry Blue. For the wise person who knows the answer to the following question, "What three-layered dessert is named after a city in British Columbia?"

But the very best blue in the entire world are the eyes of a baby kitten ...

6 Comments:

  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    No idea on your contest but my favorite color is blue and I wish people didn't think that feeling blue is bad.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April,

    Are you thinking of Naniamo Bars? I love them but have misplaced my recipe. And since blue is my favorite color thanks for saluting it!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April, if you like blue, you'll love the Texas state flower, the Bluebonnet. It's a springtime wildflower, and beeyootiful.

    Love the kitties, btw. My kitties want to send a greeting to yours: meoowwwwmeow moeoowwwow moeow. I'm sure they're plotting to take over the world or something.

    Renee (I can't remember my darned password)

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger April said…

    Cindy,

    Congratulations - yes, Nanaimo Bar is the answer! Mmm ... Nanaimo Bars. Must go to Cosentino's after work and pick some up. I'll give you your yarn tomorrow. :)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger April said…

    Renee,

    DeeDee, Wilma and Andy all say meow back to your kitties. Especially Andy who is always looking for more victims ... err .. friends.

    Maybe I'll move to Texas, from the looks of it, it's big enough for me AND my butt.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh a lot of bluee! That hook is lovely!! I'm sure it's fun to work with.
    And the flowers are definetly coming up!
    Congratulatios Cindy!!! That's beautiful yarn
    Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home