The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

PMS & WIP's

In a fit of PMS induced irritation last night I seem to have laid waste to a number of WIP's. What was I so irritated about? The fact that there were so MANY of them. And that assorted bags were taking over my living room. So ... I made the executive decision that anything begun prior to 2007 was going back to it's original state. Also known as a yarn cake. Oh yes, I was possessed by the need to rid myself of WIP's.

Rip, rip, rip. Wind, wind, wind. And God forbid that something should tangle into a big messy ol' knot. Because then it was deemed "cursed yarn" and introduced to the garbage can. Let us bow our heads for a moment here and mourn the death of once loved yarn. Cranky. Indeed.

However, some good did come from the purge. Resurrected AND finished - the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. Not blocked of course, because I am not a blocker. But finished as far as I'm concerned. I had forgotten how much I love alpaca. And hello? There were only 8 more rows to do. Sometimes I am an eejit. This shawl has been sitting in the bottom of my knitting bag since mid-February needing but 8 rows to become a shawl. I also came across a Fetching fingerless glove that needs ... a thumb. One thumb and I have a pair. I am also one thumb away from having a pair of Lion Brand Magic Stripes mittens. Does anyone notice a trend here?

Next up, the completion of the Grey Baby Sweater. We won't discuss how little needs to be done before that's finished as well.

In Victor news, last night Victor made his debut as a riding horse. Yes, he did. He will now be known as "Mr. Pokey." There I was, with my heart in my throat as little Kat, who is all of 16, jumped into the saddle. I was so sure he was going to turn into a rodeo horse. I kept telling Kat's Mom, "If she dies, say you'll forgive me." And then Kat said, "Walk, Victor." And Victor reached around and licked her boots. "C'mon, Victor, walk." Nibble the toes on the other boot. Finally after about 5 minutes of prodding, Victor wandered around the ring a few times. Then Lauren, aka "Velcro Ass", got on and away they went, gracefully trotting around the turnout pen. He's such a dork. But a good dork.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    PMS= Purging My Stash!!! The yarn trembles, wondering if it will make the cut or be consigned to the trash can! It's all very dramatic. Glad you're making some progress on getting things finished up, though. It's a good feeling!

    Yay for Victor! He's showing off his mad skills for the ladies!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Haha, Velcro Ass.

    If you need something blocked, you know what to do. I promise I'll send it back from somewhere other than the Accursed Post Office.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Next time I make it to California, I really need to look up Victor and introduce him to an Easter rider - just for variety.

    Sorry about the yarn issues!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Send me the shawl and I'll block it cause it's not done till it's blocked.

    I'm glad Victor is doing so well.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, a Junk Rampage! Don't they feel good when they're over? Congrats to you and Victor! What a special day.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    That shawl is going to be beautiful when it's blocked! I love that color! Thanks for your comments on my PNW shawl. The color reminded me of the ocean as well, which is why I picked it! It is such a fun knit, I'm sure you'll love it! (until you get to the edging, that is. The edging took forever, but was worth it!)

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Proof that something good can come from PMS.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    So glad you finished the Forest Canopy! I love the color you chose.

    I don't, however, want to think about my own WIP pile... quickly becoming UFOs...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home