The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

I See Toes

Well technically, it's only one toe. Singular and all. But still! It's a toe knitted sideways! I'm excited.

If this sock actually fits it may become my favorite sock pattern. If you don't count all the stuff I didn't know before (but which I know now) this is the easiest sock I've ever knit. No fiddlin' with DPN's, no picking up stitches, just back and forth, back and forth in stockinette with the occasional increase or decrease. Easy peasy.

Here's a really good reason to go to the mailbox more than once a week. PRESENTS! Yay, prezzies for me. This is all from my former secret pal who is now one of my most specialest friends, Valerie. She's trying to pass this loot off as stuff she meant to mail me for my birthday in February but I'm not buyin' it. Of course I'm not returning it either.

From the left we have the longest Brittany needles in existence in a size US 6. So I don't have to resort to using circs when I wanna make something extra long. This makes me incredibly happy. Next is a beautiful bag with a very long handle so that some day, if I ever get coordinated enough, I'll be able to walk and knit at the same time. Please don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen. The picture does not do it justice in the least.

Next is a way cool Etch-A-Sketch pen which will keep me entertained while commuting. I've discovered that stop and go traffic just doesn't stop long enough to really knit so this should do the trick nicely. And finely, yarn from Valerie's trip to Australia. It's 100% wool and reminds me of a tiger. I'm thinking mitts. Definitely mitts. Thank you so much, Val! As always, your timing was perfect. *Mwaaaaaaaaaah*.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Heh, heh! You are as bad as I am about picking up the mail! But good things do come from the US Postal Service...honest! That is a fun package you have there. Enjoy!

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Definitely tiger.

    Great gal, that Val.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    What a lovely package. The yarn is especially pretty. The sock is coming along nicely.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An Etch-A-Sketch pen?! That is the coolest thing ever! (well, maybe not ever, but it IS pretty cool)

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Aw, glad you like the stuff. The length of the Brittanys was exactly why I bought 'em. I know how you hate circs!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Being a bona-fide OZtralian, I can tell you that Heirloom wool is lovely stuff to knit with. Couldn't tell from the pic what weight it is, but everything of theirs that I've used has been a nice knit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home