The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

One Day Off, Two FO's

I took yesterday off in a valiant attempt to catch up on my charity knitting. However, that ended up being a bit delayed because SOMEONE is refusing to eat his oat hay and will only eat grass hay and alfalfa. How do I know that SOMEONE doesn't like oat hay? Because SOMEONE has been throwing it out of his stall. And the hay that doesn't make it out of the stall is either pooped or peed on. Sigh.

Our barn only offers oat or alfalfa. If we want grass we have to buy it ourselves. So my friend Pam and I hopped in her very large truck and headed for Gilroy (THE GARLIC CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!). She has a pony that can only eat grass otherwise he gets rumbly bumbly, so to speak. I must say, I felt like quite the ol' cowgirl rolling down Hwy 101 in a Ford long bed on my way to buy hay. I might even have uttered a "yee ha". Anyway we picked up the hay and then, well, err, we passed the outlet mall. WOW! Is stuff ever cheap there!. Uh, moving along.

It's a hat! This is the Kable Kid Hat from Kpixie. Fearless Fibers superwash worsted weight yarn in the "Clear Sailing" colorway on US 6 dpn's. Miss Lydia feels ever so stylish, although a tad bit warm, in this lovely chapeau.

Well lookee here, it's an 8" bias garter stitch square. Yes, miracles do happen here at Chez Insanity. I'm getting a bit addicted to these bias squares. Especially when I knit them in Malabrigo, which I love love love. This is the "Vetiver" colorway on US 7's. My craptastic photography skills really don't do the colors justice.

And I'd just like to let all my East Coast friends know that you may have Rhinebeck and the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival and all those other great events but neener, neener, neener. For your information this weekend is the Artichoke Festival in Castroville. Including the Agro Art Competition! We're talking three dimensional fruit and vegetable artwork here people. AND tours of the artichoke patches. Oh yeah, you're jealous now, AREN'T YOU?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Yup. I'm jealous as all get-out. I haven't toured a good artichoke patch in I-don't-know-how-long! Nor have I been to the Garlic Captial of the World. I hear that the garlic ice cream at the garlic festival is rather good, actually.

    Yay for the bias square! I knew we'd be seeing a picture of that in all its correct measurements rather soon. Will we be seeing more bias squares? Perhaps an original April pattern featuring Le Square? That would be cool!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I did not get to MSW or NHSW this year - courtesy of the Neatnik's raging fevers.

    And I can't go to the garlic fest or the artichoke festival either.

    Well, poop.

    Awesome job on the square!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An artichoke festival? No fair, I want one!

    I must confess though, that I haven't been to any of the festivals yet :(

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jillsknit said…

    I've been having bias square mania in Minnesota. After I knit up 4 squares for Greensburg I started fantasizing about bias square dishrags - bias square slippers (little ones sewn together)- bias square jacket.... will the insanity never end!?!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home