The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Horses, Socks And Cats. The Usual.

How could you not love a face like this? Even if it is split in half by a scar.

Victor's ribs aren't quite as visible any more and his butt is filling out nicely. He's pretty flabby though but we have to go easy on the exercise until we can determine whether he can breathe properly through his nose. I'm not quite sure how we're gonna figure that one out. Horses. So confusing.

Hooray, the third pair of Magic 28 socks! Mine are actually Magic 32 but I don't think Norma will mind. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and most people don't, clicky here. Stats - Cascade 220 (or it may be Cascade Quattro, lost yet another damn ball band), Garter Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. This tiny pair of socks took FAR too long to finish. Someone needs to re-focus on her Magic 28/32 sock knitting. Sheepie measuring instrument included for scale.

In other knitting news ... Wait. just. a. second. What the HELL is this? That's not a sock. And it sure as heck isn't a scarf. Then what's it doing on April's blog? Is that SHAPING? Since when did we start shaping? Shaping implies there may be some of that other "ing" word - finishing. This can't be good.

Andy says, "Don't ask me dude, I'm just tryin' to stay cool."

10 Comments:

  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    oh I'm just so happy that Victor is coming along okay

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Victor needs a sweater. Is that what you are knitting? Nah...too small. Meanwhile those are some cute socks! I'll just have to look forward to seeing where the shaping leads.

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Shaping?! I won't tell, promise.

    Andy! Some dignity here, cat.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Susan C. said…

    I'm enjoying reading about Victor, and am glad he's on the mend!

    I, too, have a thing about the "f-word" - I think I need to do it more to get good at it. Can't wait to see what your shaped thing turns into!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Put some trousers on that cat!

    Jeez...

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It must be the time of year; I just took a picture of one of my kitties that looks remarkably like that - kind of obscene!

    Aw, Victor is so handsome; the scar just adds character.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    Oooh, fancy knitting and a healing horse. Do posts get any better than this?!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Hurrah for progress, on both horses and socks!

    And I'm glad to see you've finally started on MY sweater...

    I've been introducing "yours" to all the kangaroos.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The spotty belly! It needs rubs.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Anne P said…

    Hiya - I wandered over from Annie's place. With the whole horse link, how could I not have? Victor is a handsome boy! I was just laughing with a friend, who I sent a picture of MY horse's butt to that it takes a special someone to understand why you would do that!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home