The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Pictures!

Hey! Someone paid the DSL bill! I'm back with PICTURES. Crappy pictures, but pictures nevertheless. First up, NEW YARN!

On the far right and far left, Mission Falls "1824 Wool." I'm sure 95% of you know all about this yarn but for the 5% of you that don't, this is a worsted weight superwash wool, 85 yards. I bought two balls of each color and will be turning these into little people socks for Dulaan.

Next to the purple Mission Falls is Fearless Fibers worsted weight 100% merino wool, also slated for socks for Dulaan. And next to the blue Mission Falls is a yarn I purchsed on Etsy from Marble Head Hand Dyed. It's 250 yards of sportweight merino. My plan to buy up all the sportweight sock yarn in the entire world is coming along nicely. In fact ...

More sportweight yarn! I did not know Claudia's did a sportweight yarn, but lookee! They do! This colorway is "Purple Earth". 225 yards of 100% merino. Notice Andy's artful RE-arrangement at the right end.

It's all about the little people socks around here. This is the Mini-Basketweave Toddler's sock (I'm quite sure I got the title wrong there) in Rowan's Cashsoft Aran. This is my new favorite worsted weight yarn and I absolutely love the way these tiny socks turned out. The yarn was an absolute joy to work with. Yes, it's a bit pricey for charity knitting but what the heck.

And finally, a pair of "Rattie" sock blockers. I've wanted a pair of sock blockers for a while and I'm very pleased with these. Too bad they didn't have goat sock blockers.

Tomorrow an update on Victor's latest setback. Suffice to say, I'm going to be installing an ATM machine in his stable.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    OUCH on the ATM comment!

    Ne knititng, though.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    My GOODNESSSSSSSS, what lovely little red luxurious socks for Dulaan. Some little person is going to be extra-lucky.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh, poor Victor. I hope he's going to be OK!!!

    I love those sock blockers. I've been wanting a pair just for the glamour shots on the blog, but haven't been able to bring myself to justify it. It is getting harder to resist, though. Your socks would look great no matter how you diplayed them. I think mine might even look passable in a nice set of blockers! ;)

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, save some sport weight sock yarn for me, will ya?! That's some nice looking yarn you've got there. Good haul.

    I hope Victor's latest setback isn't anything serious.

    Love the rattie sock blockers.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I love thinking how ecstatic some little kid is going to be wearing those SOFFFFTTTT socks. Yay you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home