The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yeah. There's A Problem.

I seem to have a new addiction.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I was using yarn strictly from my stash. But ... I went out and bought this Malabrigo on Friday specifically to knit a square with. Indeed. I bought 210 yards of yarn to make an 8" by 8" square. But look at the color, how sunny and happy it is! Doesn't it scream, "Make me into a charity square" to you? Yes! My thoughts exactly.

And when you've got odd balls of Koigu fingering weight what better use for them than a square? Two strands of sock yarn = worsted weight, how great is that? Because you know, I might have some sock yarn lying around. And this Koigu square is unbelievably squishy. In fact, while I was knitting this square I was having the most disturbing thoughts about knitting myself a coverlet for my bed. All in Koigu. Good thing I only have a twin bed.

If you're wondering what all this square nonsense is about, please click on the link in the sidebar for "Rebuilding Greensburg - Block By Block".

Justin (left), Victor (right)

On the equine front, Victor has a new friend. His name is Justin and he's a 10 year old quarterhorse. A rather expensive quarterhorse. Justin can pretty much do it all when it comes to the rodeo / cowboy stuff. But he's not at all arrogant about it. In fact, he's an even sweeter horse than Victor. He also likes to give kisses, lots of them.

Justin has always been a pasture horse so he likes hangin' with his buddy Vic. And Victor likes other horses as much as he likes people so it's a good match. They literally follow each other around the pen and when one looks one way, the other looks that way. I'm really happy that Victor has such a good pal.

And finally we have Victor doing his "Nicole Ritchie" pose. This picture is a pretty good example of how far we still have to go on the weight gain. We've tweaked his diet yet again and I wormed him last week. His coat is getting some of it's shine back and I can see a tiny bit of hoof growth. It's just one day at a time.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    Even underweight he's a very handsome fella ... how's his nose?

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Lovely squares.

    He is a bit less bony, isn't he? He's beautiful.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    What happened to the tiny socks?

    I'm so glad he has a friend. I think that might help him a bit. He really is looking better.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    That is one good lookin' horse! And how nice that he's making friends. I'll bet he's one of the popular horses...he's going to get invited to all the good horse parties.

    Nice job with the squares. I had a feeling we'd be seeing one or two more of those!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    Hooray for Victor having a new friend and for his improvement. He's such a lucky horse to have been found by you!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Victor has quite a beautiful face!! What feed do you have him on? We had a paint/TB cross get all ribby on us, and put her on Dynamite feed, and she's doing really well on it.

    Gotta' love 'em!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home