The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Has Mitten?

Yes, yes, I does!!!

A mitten! I've never knit a mitten before but it was certainly fun. And educational. Now I know how to knit a thumb in case I lose either of mine. I'm knitting mittens because Rabbitch told me to. Actually she didn't tell me too, she asked me to consider knitting mittens. Being as how she's so polite and all. Well, why not? It's a nice change from socks but not what you'd call a drastic change. We wouldn't want that.

Anyway, I used Lion Brand's Magic Stripes yarn. Did you know that that yarn is sport weight? Lordy, I just read that on the Lion Brand website, I thought it was fingering weight. You know really, it's hard to understand how I ever manage to have a successful knitting project. While I doubt I'd ever use Magic Stripes for socks I think it makes great mitten yarn. The pattern is the "No Swatch/No Gauge" mitten pattern.

Speaking of gauge, and quite frankly I'd rather not, I *still* have not managed to attain the required gauge for Nona's Sidewinders. Even after discovering that I'd been trying to get gauge for a US 2 by using a US 1. Heh. However, I have discovered that gauge swatches make lovely blankets for mice. So all is not lost.

Buddha says, "The key to enlightenment is to buy more yarn."

This is from ThankEwe's Etsy shop. 220 yards of superwash wool in the colorway "Sweet Pea." Please note that this yarn does not contain any of that vile yellow color my rude camera captured. It's actually pale green. I'm thinking another pair of Magic 28 socks from this. Just to be different. Ha.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    No, we wouldn't want a drastic chnage on the blog here. ;o)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You has nice mitten!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Cute mitten!

    Maybe it's Paris' fault. She could be the new Mel. ;^)

    Lovin' that yarn!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh no!!! Another Etsy store to visit??? However will I pay the mortgage this month? ;)

    You has a good mitten, there. You has mitten knittin' talent!

    Have you knit one for Victor?

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Very nice mitten! And for what it's worth, I haven't gotten gauge yet either. I'm close with a size 2 that is 2,75mm instead of 3mm if that might help you any.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    The mitten is darling. It'll make a great hat for Andy, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home