The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Let's Go Sideways

It's a swatch.

Really.

I know, I almost fell out of my chair too. And I was the one knitting it. I'm knitting a swatch because Nona told me to. She says I can't make her socks unless I knit my swatch first. It's a darn good thing I listened to Nona. Because my swatch is an entire half inch short! Over 30 stitches! Whoa, that was close. You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?

I'm talking about Nona's Sidewinder Socks! I'm gonna knit a pair of socks sideways! How cool is that?!? And Nona is gonna show me how. Because she's friggin' smart, especially when it comes to knitting. Nona knows knittin'. I mean, we're talkin' about someone who swatches every day. EVERY. DAY. Just for the fun of it.

You can make Sidewinders too, if ya want. It's not like it's a private club or sumthin'. Something new! It's an adventure! I have exclamation mark-itis! Frankly it's about time I did something different. Because I don't know about you, but this blog is puttin' me to sleep.

Well, except for the Victor stuff. I still like the Victor stuff. But the knitting? Six thousand pairs of tiny socks and a truck load of squares? ZzzZzzZzzZzzZzz. Of course, some of you may feel inclined to point out that writing a post about a swatch isn't exactly Earth shattering either but hey, I gotta start somewhere.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I keep seeing those socks everywhere...I must see what all the excitement is about! But the swatching? I'm not sure I'm ready for anything quite that drastic.

    Summer is the time for "shake things up" knitting! I'm bound and determined to get off the socks 'n scarves kick. Let's rock the blogosphere! (um...well maybe not "rock." We could sort of jiggle it a little bit or something.)

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You swatched - I'm impressed.

    I looked at the Sidewinders and decided to give them a bye since short row heels don't tend to play well with my ankle...

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A swatch? Really? Wow!

    That Sidewinder sock looks pretty cool; I just may have to try it.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sidewinder is intriguing, so I think I MAY have to try that. Glad to see that you finally swatched. This is a good thing.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    People swatch for fun?!

    /dies of shock

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    yeah I'm watching Nona's progress with those sidewinders but I'm not convinced they're for me,
    What I really found impressive in this post [ apart from the fact that you SWATCHED ] is that you own one of those super cute sheepie gauges. Just too cute.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aren't you glad you're swatching!? Hopefully you'll get gauge and can start your socks soon :-)

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    I'm going to try the Sidewinders too. They're just too entertaining not to. I'm just finishing my swatch (3rd time lucky I hope needle size wise) and then on to the first part.

    And, for the record, I love both the Victor posts and the tiny socks and squares posts.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Augh, having to make row gauge hurts my head! No sidewinders for me right now... my brain too ill for anything complex. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home