The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Season Of The Wisp

Six months until Christmas, six months until Christmas! Yes, it's time to start that Christmas knitting and here's the perfect pattern for all your gift giving needs.

Wisp! Yes, I know I talked about this yesterday but I'm sick today and I don't got much. Unless you want to hear about that and trust me, you don't. Let's just say that if your grapefruit juice tastes funny, you probably shouldn't try to convince yourself that it'll get better tasting the further down in the bottle you get. Yeah. Anyway, despite my illness I've managed to do the first two repeats of Wisp and lemme tell ya, it's dead easy. Nine rows of YO, K2tog, six rows of garter stitch. And every five rows you make little holes to weave ribbon through. That's it. Could it be any simpler? So if you have non-knitting friends that like scarves, you're all set. As opposed to giving this to knitting friends who would look at it and say this is just a buncha yarn overs.

Even better, over at Fearless Fibers Etsy store you can buy enough yarn to do one of these for $9.00. $9.00! Where else can you get a lovely Christmas gift for $9.00? Certainly nowhere in California. So there you have it, feel free to thank me on December 24th.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Hmmm...I think that even I could manage that pattern! It'll make a perfect gift for one of those non-knitting types. Frankly, even a knitter would like it!

    Feel better soon. And thank you for confirming my decision to drink Mountain Dew rather than juice. The Dew will never try to kill ya! They should put that in the commercial...

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Thank you, April.

    If the juice tastes funny, you are definitely sick. Watch your mail tomorrow for your prize and I hope that it cheers you up some. It might even be Wispy...

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Looking pretty and wisp-y already! Feel better soon. Rob cooked us some dinner last night from a can of tomatoes that was bulging, so if I fall off the face of the earth you'll know I died of botulism. Ugh, I hate stomach bugs. Sympathy.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I hope you're feeling better!

    I just wanted to post a quick comment to say hello and introduce myself as April, your blog reader, for the Summer of Socks 2007. And make sure you know that I found your blog and have subscribed to it. If you haven't already, please take a look at the SOS blog and then shoot me an email to check in.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger aija said…

    No no no no no.

    NO Christmas knitting talk!! :)

    Get better soon!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    I hope you're feeling better, sweetie. You can never trust a grapefruit.

    I need to settle on a yarn, so I can get going on that pattern. If I can find buttons, I may do one as a giftie.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Every time I see Wisp I like it more and more. But I'm really leaving a comment because I couldn't find a link for an email. I wanted to respond to a comment you left about ImagiKnit on January One. I used to work there and still teach and am interested in hearing more of your feedback, specifically what could be done to improve or dispell that "vibe" you can email me at knitsonya at gmail dot com. Thanks!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good heavens! Does that woman at Wisp have cleavage, or what?! Geez! Lovely scarf, though, and the easy part is good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home