The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Love At First Stitch

We're Mystery Stole-ing here at Chez Insanity. And having a mighty fun time. Here are the first 74 rows which leaves 26 more rows for Clue 1.

If you haven't joined Mystery Stole 3, well what are you waiting for? Can 4,000 people be wrong? Melanie is closing sign-ups in 2 days! OK, so maybe my picture isn't the best advertisement for this pattern but I was too lazy to pin it all out.

This is a bit more accurate picture of the actual color of the yarn. I'm using Fearless Fiber's 100% merino laceweight in the "Miracle" colorway. As in, "It'll be a Miracle if I finish this stole." On size US 5's. I think I've got a good balance between the yarn overs and the stockinette portion with this size. Ha. What a crock. Truth be told, I did't even bother to swatch. I just pulled out the needles that were the pointiest.

Is this tiny fellow adorable or what? It's an Owl Finch. When I was in PetsMart on Sunday they had some of these and I fell in love with their cute little faces. They come from Australia. If I'd known this before I could have asked Valerie to pick me up one when she was there visiting. As opposed to spending $95.00 which is what PetsMart wants for them. Plus the little Care Sheet for them said they prefer to be in groups. That's a pretty pricey colony. Oh well, finches and Andy would probably be a really bad idea, anyway.

Besides, I want a bunny.

Happy Fourth of July to all the Americans and happy hump day to the Canadians!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Owl finch? I've never heard of it...but what a little sweetie! Probably just as well that you're not taking on a flock right now, though. I'm starting to get a little concerned about whether you are building an ark in your off hours...

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I have some really pointy US size 5 needles. And an impending kindergartner - not a very lace friendly mix.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Love the lace... and the spendy little birdie.

    Can't you just knit one for me when you're done? That way I don't have to. /runs

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    You are ambitious.. as opposed to lazy like me. I am no way starting a stole right now. I have too many half-sweaters.

    The owl finch is WAY darling but I never saw any in Australia. Rainbow lorikeets by the thousands, though...

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger katrynka said…

    I had never seen an owl finch. My husband and I LOVE finches, we had some, and they even had babies, but we also have cats, and it was just too nerve wracking, especially when one on the parrots let a finch out of its cage. So we sent them all to a new home. I have to get my little birdie "fix" from watching them in the backyard!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I've neither seen nor heard of an owl finch so now I have to get out mt aussie bird books and look him up.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    okay I don't feel so ignorant now. It's proper name is Double Barred Finch

     

Post a Comment

<< Home