The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 15, 2011

No Room At The Inn

I guess it was inevitable. With all this amigurumi making it was only a matter of time before I'd run out of space. There are monsters in the kitchen cupboards, monsters in the bedroom, monsters in the living room. What to do, what to do? The monsters were actually starting to outnumber the rats.

Meanwhile at work, where I have a number of amigurumi, people were bugging me to sell them. This seemed like a pretty ludicrous idea to me. Would you pay good money for something that looked like this?

So I logged into Etsy and apparently people will spend good money for handmade toys. Even some not very good toys. Which is not to say that MY toys are perfection. How could they be, they're handmade. But I guess they're kinda cute. I try to make each one different. I have WAY too much fun doing the hair.

What the heck I thought, I'll give it a go. And if no one buys any, well then I'll simply donate them to the Pediatric Ward at Valley Medical. And if someone does buy one, well then that money can be used to offset my rattie costs. One of those win win situations you're always hearing about. So here's the linkage for the store. Criticism is always welcome. And who knows, maybe you'll decide your life isn't complete without a Meep. Hey, that rhymes, maybe I've got the making of a jingle here.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Sheri Karobonik said…

    They were just so cuite that I tweeted them. I hope you don't mind.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I think that is a fabulous idea! Sometimes the stuff we see as "imperfect" and "too simple to be worth anything" is exactly what someone else needs. And is willing to pay for, by God!! Besides, they are too cute to not share with the world...

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I can't believe you are being over run by such cute monsters!! Good luck with your shop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home