The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Events Occur In Real Time

Alas, one of the great love stories of all time has come to an end. After eight years, Jack Bauer and I are no more. Last night I watched the final episode of 24's season 8 and now I am lost.

Jack, lost without me too.

Jack and I have been together longer than my marriage lasted. We were together when President Palmer was assassinated. I was there with him each time Jack uncovered another spy who had managed to infiltrate C.T.U.. Without exchanging a word, we both knew that President Logan was a scum sucking piece of filth. And not once did I ever say, "Jack, nuclear weapons AGAIN?"

Now he is gone. On the run from the Russians, leaving Chloe behind to protect his family (including his whiny daughter, Kim). I've returned the DVD to Netflix and cleaned up the wet Kleenexes. Life goes on. But I know, that until the day I die, all I'll have to do is close my eyes and his voice will come to me, "Damn it, I'm running out of time!"

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    It is very sad when a series you have heavily invested in, ends. There may still be films????
    If that lion/cougar/big cat has just eaten Kim.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home