The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

OK, so we'll just forget about me participating in Blogtober '09. I may still redeem myself by participating in National Novel Writing Month next month but don't hold your breath. Or you might be dead.

Rats. I have an apartment full of rats. Four today, with two more being added on Saturday. That makes six. I think. You wouldn't think that tiny little rodents could take up so much time. BUT THEY DO.

I'm still trying to convince Phil that people are OK and that if he comes out of his cage he won't be killed. He has a tendency to squeal like a pig when I pick him up. Most disconcerting. Sophie and Bella, The Rats On Crack, need constant supervision when they're in the bathroom (also known as The Rat Playroom). I generally sit on the floor under the towel rack. Which Bella quite likes because then she can run up my arm, jump on my head, climb up a towel and run along the towel rack. Except last night I found her swinging from the picture ABOVE the towel rack. Sophie likes to jump off the back of the toilet and into the garbage can. The other night she came out with a sanitary napkin stuck to her head. See what I mean? Constant supervision. Luckily Spike has graduated to having play time by himself so now he gets to hang out in the bathroom by himself from 11pm to 7am.

A very nice person at work gave me a crock pot that kinda looks like one above (I'm a little short on pictures today, sorry). I managed to make watery chili that was overcooked yesterday. My, my, don't I love dried out ground beef. How you can have dried out ground beef in watery tomato sauce is quite beyond me but that's how I roll with everything I've made in the crock pot. So I have come to this conclusion. Either a) there really is some magical incantation one must perform when using the crock pot or b) people who use crock pots have no sense of taste. I just don't know.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    In Cinderella, I seem to recall the mice doing some of the housework. I wonder if rats can cook? Wasn't there a movie about that?

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Crock pots require some getting adjusted but they really can work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home