The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, March 24, 2008

I Don't Felt

Which is not to say that there's anything wrong with felting. I've seen many lovely felted bags in my time. However, it's not my thing. Partly because I live in an apartment without my own washing machine and partly because .. well I don't know the other part.

Now you're probably wondering where I'm going with this and truth be told, I'm kinda wondering myself. Oh right. Cascade 220. Dudes, this is the Felting God's yarn of choice. Or so I've been told. Anyway, I've got a fair amount of it. And it's taking up precious space in my Rubbermaid containers. Rubbermaid containers that I'd like to fill up with something else.

I suppose I could use it to knit something else with but you know what? I don't even really like Cascade 220. I imagine it wouldn't make very comfy socks, you can't really knit lace with it and now that I'm on this BSJ craze I'm all about the machine washable. So you can have it, k?

You know the drill, leave a comment or whatever. I'll do the random number generator thinger on Wednesday.

If you want to see what other colors there are, I'm on Ravelry as "Sakkasie". And that's not all of the colors either. Really.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Chrispy said…

    I am totally interested in at least a sweaters quantity of Cascade 220.

    I hear it is a great workhorse for sweaters too and I find that I don't mind handwashing sweaters.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wanna try out a felting project? Use my washing machine.

    Or are you really wanting to fill up those rubbermaid containers with BSJs?

    xoxo
    Agatha's Gran

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yikes! I bet I'd even wash the yarn free of cat contaminants to get free Cascade 220.

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Netter said…

    Felting is fun. Although, I like cascade 220 for other things, too.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger April said…

    I use more worsted weight wool than anything else around here. I don't know that I need more yarn, but I'll take that chance.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Alwen said…

    I've done a couple of felted bags, and I have an idea for another, but not quite enough of the yarn I'd planned to use. :)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never tried knitting with Cascade 220 and it would be interesting to try something. I wouldn't felt it either. I have felted a few things, but gave them away. It is not one of my more enjoyable things to knit.

    Cindy

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    My favorite felted project is cat beds. Your cats would probably enjoy a handknit felted bed, knit with love. Cats aren't picky about colors nor worried about knitting mistakes. Cat beds are a perfect TV knitting. I'm trying to sell you on knitting a cat bed for you cats. However, I should warn you that some cats are possessive of the bed and won't share. So you'd probably need one for each cat.
    I would be happy to knit and felt a cat bed for your cats.
    dogwalker

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i have to second the felted cat bed idea. i can't believe that dogwalker is offering to MAKE cat beds for your cats!
    she made my dog a dog bed but it's more of a dog blanket since it didn't hold the bowl shape and he loves it. you could make a dog blanket for your not so secret love, Agatha and let dogwalker make the beds for your cats so they still get some love.
    i of course would help in some way. color choices, constructive comments.. chocolate...coffee

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Shanan said…

    Cascade 220 is a little too rough for things for me, but my family loves it (including my dogs!).

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Do you want me to knit for you? I can. Oh, and you can so knit lace with it. I made a worsted weight Swallowtail. Hello!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Not that you need to know this, but I hand felt stuff. Like the Pilgrims did it. I blew out the washing machine with the felting. Not good...

    The washer still isn't speaking to me. Which makes it really awkward when I go visit the dryer.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I'd love to try some - we don't get it here
    ps the goats say hi

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger katrynka said…

    I would be happy to work with some Cascade 220. I am not a felter either, but a sweater would be nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home