The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Doin' What I'm Told

I was sitting in the yarn store yesterday after having just taught a class in the ol' Chalice Cable Handwarmers when Phyllis looked at me and said, "April, what are you doing?"

To which I replied (rather obviously I thought), "Sitting."

Phyllis then said, "But April, you can't just SIT in a yarn store. You have to knit. You're making me nervous."

Of course I always have some kind of knitting with me but yesterday all I had was the "Luna Math Shawl" (formerly known as the Luna Moth) and the handwarmers I'd just finished teaching. I have learned my lesson about knitting lace in public and I wasn't too keen on any more handwarmer knitting. I needed to do something simple, chatty knitting so to speak. Fortunately I had an assortment of Rowan Pure Wool DK yarn with me because I never travel without 12 balls of yarn so I didn't need to buy any more yarn (like that's ever stopped me). What could be more simple than the Baby Surprise Jacket?

Well simple if you understand Elizabeth Zimmerman-ese. Thankfully Gunilla was there to help me get started because I simply could not wrap my mind around this pattern. Maybe I was just tired, maybe there was too much going on in the store at the time or maybe I'm just stupid. I don't know but I seem to be heading in the right direction now. I hope.

Here we have another attempt to convince myself that I like to knit with lace weight yarn. This is Dream In Color's "Baby" in "Visual Purple." It's not working for me either so I think I'll put it up for Trade Or Sell on Ravelry. 700 yards of superwash Merino. It's a lovely color and I'm sure someone will enjoy knitting with it. Just not me.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Well, this is the first time I have ever heard of a person being told that not-knitting made someone else nervous.

    Nice start on the jacket.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger the Lady said…

    What's your Ravelry ID?

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Ronni said…

    The jacket is very pretty. I've been too scared to try one yet. I should soon though.

    I love the feel of the DiC baby. But I haven't tried knitting with any of mine yet. That's a lovely color I might have to contact you over on Ravelry if you haven't already done the trade. What did you try to make with it that didn't work out?

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Socks are your friends for a reason, ya know.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I think that babies like surprises. Good choice on the jacket!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will the BSJ fit Agatha?

    xoxo
    Agatha's Gran

     

Post a Comment

<< Home