The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Hat, Some Yarn

Wow, two posts in one week. A miracle.

I have been a busy knitter girl. Here's the Fake Fair Isle from MagKnits. I love this pattern almost more than I love chocolate but not as much as I love red wine. It was so incredibly easy and I'm very pleased with the results. I even BLOCKED it. Here, let me say that again. I *blocked* it. Now is that a sign of love or what?

I made it for my friend, Mikey, who is a friend of one of my co-workers at the yarn store. She's taught him to knit so he hangs out at the store and turns out hats, scarves and all manner of knit wear. He carries everything he's knit around in a big bag. How could he not deserve a hat?

Not only have I been knitting yarn, I've been buying it too.

And apparently I still suffer from oneballitis. I'm thankful I'm not a man. But given my current love of hats it's all good. From left to right, Misti Alpaca Chunky, Perchance To Knit's "Rainbow Black" superwash merino sock yarn, Plymouth's "Boku", Nashua Handknits "Wooly Stripes" and in front Mission Falls "1824 Wool." The Boku is slated to be another Fake Isle Hat and the Wooly Stripes may end up being one as well. The Rainbow Black was purchased from Perchance To Knit's Etsy shop so even though I work for an LYS I'm still supporting the indi dyer. And Etsy in general because I LOVE ETSY. More evidence of which will be posted in the next few days.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Love the crown pattern on the hat. I've been thinking about the single balls of yarn in the drawer lately, too. Must be a winter thing. Hat, anyone?

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oneballitis...heh-heh. I'll be chuckling over that one for days!

    The Fake Isle Hat is amazing! Amy is a pretty talented designer. I think it comes from being a Maine-ah and all...

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic hat; I love the top of it!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    fab-u-lous hat and I needs to see me that woolly stripes all on its lonesome... yummy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home