The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

FO's Times Three

It has been a very productive week knit-wise. Last Saturday I got an urge to knit a scarf and found what I think is the perfect scarf pattern, courtesy of Misti Alpca.

This is the "Misti Chunky Ribs & Ruffles Scarf." Why is it perfect? Well first of all Misti Chunky is one of the softest yarns I've ever come across. Secondly, I love the little ruffles at the end which are dead easy to do. And thirdly, it took me less than 24 hours to knit it because you use US 13's. So I finished it Sunday night and gave it to my friend, Iris, the next day. Ta da!

Thanks to my co-worker at the yarn shop, Gunilla, the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl has finally been blocked. What the heck, it's only been like 8 months since I finished it.

I love this pattern like whoa. And Gunilla did a wonderful job blocking it for me. I used Alpaca With A Twist's "Baby Twist" for this. It's a sport weight yarn so the shawl took hardly any time at all. It was just the blocking part that took some time. The shawl has gone off to live with a young lady of 11 months named Ava. Also known as my boss' granddaughter. Maybe she can wear it to the first day of kindergarten.

Here we have a slight case of over blocking. This is the Sheep & Wool Hat in Cascade 220 and Malabrigo. Apparently I should have laid this flat to block instead of draping it over the container that holds the cat food crunchies. Because instead of a beanie, I now have a top hat. Most disappointing. I think a little felting might be in order but that will be a job for one more experienced in felting than I am, since I've never felted anything before. And if that doesn't work, well it only took a couple of days to knit. I'll just make another one!

And now it's back to my Charlotte's Web Shawl. I can't seem to stop knitting the dang thing. Gosh, could that be because it's Koigu AND lace? I see many more of these in my future ...

5 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wash the hat and try blocking it again (this time flat, of course). Three FOs in one post.

    Wish it were me!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Wow! That's a whole lotta finished stuff there! I need to get knitting...I want to show pictures like that! (Except they won't be lace or anything. That's hard!)

    Good work! I love the idea of a kindergartener in a hand knit lace shawl...

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've been busy! I have some Misty Alpaca Chunky; maybe it needs to become a nice soooooft scarf like yours. Love the shawl!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Tracy x said…

    oh - i love the scarf with the ruffles x
    tracy x

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    You're kickin'! I'm so happy to see the Forest Canopy all blocked at last. That came out beautifully :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home